1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quit making excuses!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

The dissapointing thing is knowing this team has so much talent ... so why are we losing games? You have one of the best point guards in the league in Lawson , The best 2 guard in the NBA , best all around role players in Ariza , HOF center , Beverly whos a defensive guard who was 2nd all nba defense in 2014 , Thorton, Brewer whose a 6th man candidate , Young talented bigs ( Capela, Jones , Dmo ( Yes I know hes not playing), Harrell , I dont get it ?

2. ibm

ibm Member

"one of the best point guards in the league"? really?
    "the best 2 guard in the NBA"? huh?
    "best all around role players in Ariza"? whats that mean?
    "HOF center"? HOF? that's debatable to say the least.
    "6th man candidate"? u sure? even if they are, that's just 6th man.
    "Young talented bigs"? many other teams have that, too.

while i can totally understand a bit homerism (i have and have had it too), seriously, stop overstating the talent level this team has.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, quit making excuses for these pansy ass players who think they can just show up and win and quit making excuses for that joker who calls himself a "head coach".

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Brilliant ball movement has been the main ingredient for success in all of SA's most recent championship seasons, do you think the players are responsible for that? Actually, if Pop was coaching this team, do you think we'd EVER see such piss poor effort on both ends? the last time I saw a Pop lead team play as out of control as these rockets do every game, T Mac scored 13 in 35 and pop benched the **** out of ginonili in crunch time.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Shut up OP

Don't you know:

1. Coaching only makes a difference of 5 or so games and in the tough West it doesn't matter

2. It is eventually a coin flip in the playoffs.

3. We just didn't play harder and smarter. We forget our hardness and smartness.

4. The ball got sticky. The players were forced to rub chalk onto their hands pre-game.

These are all facts. Not excuses. You need to quit blaming anyone. It's just another game out of 82 and we will laugh at you trolls and haters when the Rockets win the title. Get behind the team you fake fan.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Players are responsible for executing the brilliant ball movement.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight is going to HOF and James is the best 2 gaurd no need to be a jerk

8. ibm

ibm Member

so anyone thinks dwight may not hof-worthy or harden isnt the best 2,,, is a jerk? it's not even debatable?

k, i see your mentality here.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Anything is debatable. However, I don't think most would consider thinking Harden is the best SG in the NBA / Dwight as a future HOF'er as extreme homerism worthy of ridicule. I understand you dislike Harden and that's your prerogative -- but if believing he's the best 2 guard in the NBA is blind homerism, 99% of national sports media are randomly Rockets homers.

1 person likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol, no we're not.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

We'be been agreeing lately, don't know how I feel about this.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Well, I totally believe the players are supposed to be held accountable by the coaches. A fast break where the guy with ball comes up and jacks up a shot is unacceptable. We have no offense because the coaches don't care as long as harden is playing. God forbid where we have to play without harden. There is no discipline because of the coach. When do we see anyone crashing for the boards on a jump shot other than Dwight and capella. We have Harrell on the bench and we let ariza play the 4 seeing that Thomas Robinson is grabbing every board. We are not going far with McHale as our coach and I'm pretty sure Morey knows that .

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Here's a question: As of today (forget the past and what he might have done/been), who on the roster is an elite defender? Above average defender? Average defender? Atrocious defender? Once we make that list therein lies the issue.

14. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Im not a wild supporter of McHale by any means and I do think we need a coaching change. But it's just not going to happen during the season so we should not even waste time on that. These guys are playing basketball!! Lol this isn't rocket science. All these guys have played ball their whole lives. They should be able to make it work out there. It's not like these are rookies. They're vets who have experience and should be able to get things going. Players need to be held accountable. If you've ever played organize ball you know your coach can be amazing but if you're not knocking down shots or making the extra pass or making the defensive rotation that game plan as great as is isn't going to work. The guys just have to play better. Simple as that. Play strong defense and knock down open jumpers. This is basketball!!! Talent will almost always win. Rockets had more talent than the Mavs last year and despite the Mavs having the better coach talent prevailed. Same thing here. We are more talented than a lot of teams the guys on the court just have to get it done.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Keep making excuses until Mchale gets fired. Take notes from GS Warriors story.

16. ibm

ibm Member

one, i didnt ridicule the thought that dwight is a future hof or harden is the best 2 as "extreme" homerism. i merely said its debatable. all i am against is the "anyone who disagrees with me is jerk" kinda mentality.

two, it is true i dont quite like harden. i never hid that. it means i dont like his style of play and his effort level at times. i also question his drive to win a title at any cost. that's all. it's nothing personal against him or his fans. i dont even know him or his fans.

three, "99% of national sports media"? you've got anything to back that number up? just curious.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Our coach is a jackass that's my excuse

It's like how every group of friends that has that one wild card friend that will put ariza and Brewer at the 4 and other crazy **** like that

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets have gotten crushed by about 25 pts/48min (probably a little more) so far this season with Jones or Harrell at PF. Not one lineup with Jones or Harrell with at least 5 mins on court has a positive +/-.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

take responsibility.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You and all these stupid, whiny, little b****es should just shut the f*** up. You're annoying me already. Every time the Rockets lose you b****, b****, b**** like your stupid opinion matters, you act like you know what you're talking about, but you don't. Yet when they win you hop on the bandwagon again and act like a Rockets fan. STFU already and leave this team and players alone, they are human beings you a**hole and this is just a game. if you think this is more than just a game then your a**es really need lives. Stupid losers.