1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick question for Houstonians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moomoo, Jan 8, 2004.

1. moomoo

moomoo Member

Real quick, anyone know the name of the restaurant (at least, I think it's a restaurant) downtown at the intersection of Smith Street and Bell Street? It's elevated above ground level and ring shaped (like a donut), with the ring centered smack dab in the middle of the intersection. People in there can watch as the intersection traffic passes by below, and people driving through the intersection can look up at the folks above in their cool little ring shaped building (restaurant, I'm guessing).

Anyone knowmtaumbout?

Thanks.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ummm... I think you're talking about the skybridge that connects the two Enron buildings. There's no restaurant there.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

does it revolve?

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Spindletop. yeah that is it.

6. Fatty FatBastard

The "spinning" restaurant no longer spins, nor is it a donut.

He's talking about the walkway at Enron, and he's r****ded if he thinks people are looking down at him.

Who are you? Rockwell? Go take MJ and y'all sing by yourselves in the bathtub now... ok?

7. moomoo

moomoo Member

r****ded?

thanks. :rolleyes:

poo poo face

to everyone else in this thread, thanks for the info. i guess i was talking about the enron walkway. i only got a glance of it while driving home from the TC (Rox vs Magic game), and it was full of couples in tuxedos and evening gowns, kind of looked like a wedding reception, so "restaurant" was just a guess. then i saw it again on the way home from jury duty the other day.

skybridge eh? i did not know that. weird wild shtuff.