1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick, Healthy, on-the-go breakfast?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

Back in the day, people really didn't eat much breakfast: it was a piece of bread with butter/whatever and a mug of stout beer.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another option is to use heavy cream in your coffee (if you like it that way). Again, the fat in the cream is your friend and by itself can keep you from feeling hungry for several hours.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Another vote for coffee. On your day off? Sleep in. Then Dinner. Or a late lunch.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3 boiled eggs and a banana. I used to buy those Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls and they were good. Dont' remember why I stopped buying them, maybe the nutritional data? Don't recall but they were tasty and filling.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Boiled free run eggs.

Just like cool hand Luke.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

You don't need any particular meal but if I were choosing one to eat, it'd definitely be breakfast over lunch or dinner.

My energy levels are way better when I've eaten breakfast and I'm not constantly thinking about food til noon.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

a fat mistress that love to cook would do it

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Naked juice/protein shakes. Good nutrition, generally cost from about $2.39 each (sometimes Target has them in sale for $2). I buy a bunch at once and load them into the fridge. I just drink it during my commute and breakfast is sorted.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I would recommend against Naked Juice if nutrition is a priority. Consuming fruit after removing its fiber content is almost always terrible for your health. Tastes good though.

I used to eat yogurt and granola, but ended up switching out the granola for chopped pistachios. A little expensive, but tasty and reasonably good for you. Spring for grass-fed yogurt if possible, it's better for your heart.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wheat bread or wheat tortilla
    Avocado
    Some low fat cheese
    Crumbled boiled egg (if made from before).
    Maybe some turkey sausage (if made from before)

Avocado, cheese and some carbs should keep you non-hungry for a couple of hours at least.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ue_KpuWiIO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

good nutrition?

[​IMG]
    more sugar than soda?

Breakfast is inconvenient and most items people are eating...they are better off not eating it at any meals.

On a related note:

50 Years Ago, Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists To Point Blame At Fat
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I dont understand why anyone would think most bottled juices and/or protein shakes would be a good idea...especially for breakfast.

It doesn't keep me full
    Most of the time they are not healthy (especially protein shakes will all the weird ingredients)

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I grab a banana, thinking of trying yogurt, but I would probably have to wait until I get to work to eat it...which is doable. Sometimes I have time for cereal, but eh, it's cereal.

I might start boiling eggs for the week and peeling them on Sunday. I should start packing snacks throughout the day like fruits and nuts. Orange is perfect but so messy.

I am thinking of fasting 2-3 times a week where I wake up early, eat one thing, and just drink water until close to sunset and eat one meal. The main goal would be to stay under 1500 calories, above 1000.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm the opposite. I become more unproductive and tired after eating. Also if I eat breakfast, I tend to be hungry all day long. If I skip breakfast, I can usually last until 1-2 pm before eating anything.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i make a ton of ribeye and then cut it into strips and put it in a plastic baggie.

baggie steak

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You eat ribeyes for breakfast? You are awesome.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If I do that then I end up binge eating later in the day.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

warriors fans