1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick, Healthy, on-the-go breakfast?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Banana and yogurt

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

^^^ that. the caramel coffee one is especially good. i usually tack on a Zone protein bar with it, then i'm good until lunch.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just skip breakfast and continue your fast through lunch. If you were hungry you would make time. Keep that blood sugar low.

Not very balanced. Based on a 2000 kcal diet that is 320 grams of protein? What did your kidneys ever do to you?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I do something similar. Chocolate whey protein, Orgain Meal Replacement powder, a little ovaltine for flavor, and milk. Usually, I'll also have a date roll or a ProBar Meal bar. That gives me a pretty good diversity of nutrition and calories quickly. It doesn't taste bad either or weigh me down.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Boil a ton of eggs and pack quality non-pee-pee-game sausage. Takes 11min. Meal subs are usually full of crap, taste weird and expensive for no reason.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I grab a banana before I get in the car, eating that while driving my son to daycare. I break off a couple pieces for my son since he always wants some. I throw the banana peel out the window Mario Kart style after I drop him off (its biodegradable )

When I get to work, I have oatmeal and mix in crasins that I have in my office drawer, and drink coffee.

About mid-morning at either 9 or 10, I buy almonds from the snack machine for 75 cents.

That holds me over till lunch. Eating sparingly and in small amounts over the course of the morning

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ziggy is the reason the restroom smells the way it does during the mid-morning hours.

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wake up and throw bacon in the oven while I shower
    When I get out I take the bacon out
    Fry a egg throw cheese on top
    Toast some bread.
    Bam- egg bacon cheese sandwich
    Not healthy but very delicious

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Awesome "midnight after some Dro" snack as well.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have a yoplait yogurt and a coffee for breakfast. Really easy and fills me up enough to keep me going until lunch.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

x2 on the Fage yogurt, although I use the full fat version--fat is your friend for breakfast, it will satisfy you longer than some of the other more carby options. And you can flavor the yogurt with extracts from Olive Nation. I add crushed walnuts when I get to work. Don't like eating at 6 in the morning, but the yogurt at 9 or 9:30 am seems to work well.

Option two, bacon and eggs. Cook them the night before and simply nuke them when you want to eat. Again the protein and fat is better for you than cereal, protein bars, or other alternatives.

12. The Boz

The Boz Member

My week day breakfast. Every weekday. :(

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Oats,salads,banana and nuts

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I begin my morning by turning on a stove top and cracking 2 eggs to fry. I leave ignore and get ready like normal. By the time I come back I flip the fried eggs and toast some bread. Continue about my schedule of getting ready. When I'm leaving I throw a slice of cheese in between the 2 fried eggs and add a slice of ham.

Literally hasn't added any time to my morning process, and I wake up get ready and leave within 15 minutes each morning.

But if you absolutely despise and refuse to cook or prep, grab some protein powder and some oats and make a shake. Just add some oats to the protein shake when you make it and grab a banana to go with it.

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

EGG-sactly lol

16. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

2 cups raw spinach kale mix, handful of frozen blueberries, a few pieces of diced pineapple, 1 cup almond milk, 1tbspn chia seeds, however much water you want. Blend. Drink. Then a cup of coffee. Altogether takes less than 10mins.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I do this during Sunday Night football.

Kale/Baby Spinach, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, whole banana, Almond Milk, Vanilla Bean yogurt, flax seeds. Fridge overnight, cold smoothie on the way to work.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Maybe you are trying to create a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist.

Try fasting in the morning till lunch.

You don't NEED to eat breakfast.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5 slices of bacon.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This,

I just do coffee in the am