1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Sextuple Double

First of all, who starts at PG?? We got 2 scoring PG's, probably 3 since Aaron Brooks was more of a scorer in school.

Rafer Alston and JL3 are as good as gone, and I know we can get some kind of multi-dimensional player(one who could play thee 3 and 4 effectively) for one of them or even both. A Josh Smith type comes to mind but I can't think of anyone in that area off the top of my head. Who could we get?

What about Luther Head?? His disappearing act in the playoffs isn't giving anyone of the new coaches confidence. Look what happened to Juwan. I don't wanna trade him, but there's no doubt that something valuable can come from him.

Since we're so stacked, maybe Ron Artest comes to mind. The Kings have Bibby on the block, and would need a PG. We have more than enough of them to offer. Artest and Battier could more than make up for Steve Francis, Mike James, Bonzi, and Snyder's defensive deficiencies/lapses/brain farts.

A pure shot-blocker would also be nice(Dalembert if that A-hole GM in Philly didnt overpay)

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would start SF3 at the point guard. He has never been a great bench player nor shooting guard....

Give Mike James a "Bobby Jackson" role.

3. tharges

tharges Member

c
    Camby would be really nice addition as a shot blocker and backup to Yao, if yao gets hurt we have Camby and Butler. Let Deke walk! i'm not sure if Denver would go for our combination of Rafer,Luther and salary relief of Suras contract.

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would have to start Steve at the point. I am anxious to see Steve recieving passes from Yao Ming as he finishes with a high flying dunk with a and 1.

IMO the Adelman offense does not use nor want a pass first point guard...it wants a point guard with a scorer mentality. Bibby's assists dropped drastically from his years in Vancouver when he was traded to Sac. Why? Because he was no longer called upon to be the primary distributor.