1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions you'd like to ask the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

So I guess I shouldn't have Clutch ask if I can have floor seat tickets to the Pacers game in Indy since I am the biggest Rockets fan in the region? :grin:

There are a few good ones in there though Jeff... just a few.

2. AQS18

AQS18 Member

What is the general consensus from the FO regarding the picks they aquired from the T-Mac trade?

With the upcoming CBA looming, most draftee's have a better chance of staying put another year in college because of the uncertainty regarding the cap ramifications.

Do you think they sell high on them and trade them now or hope some team is desperate enough at the deadline?

With the Knicks possibly landing Melo, our picks become practically worthless.

What were the expectations regarding them when Morey aquired them from the Knicks?

High lotto or mid to late 2nd round?

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

To add to that question.

Because Yao's playing time will be limited will the Rockets defensive strategy be significantly different with Yao on the bench?

4. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Does Aaron Brooks sweat?

5. Roxs-Redemption

Can Kyle Lowry dunk? (just a question on top of my head right now)

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Patrick Patterson and Jordan Hill you have two young, talented big men. What are you doing to get the most development and effectiveness possible from these young players? What kind of progress have you seen so far?

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What are the negatives to Hassan Whiteside that made you not try to draft him?

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The fact that teams were not selling their picks, and that he is quite simply not very good at playing basketball, perhaps.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm liking the input here -- thanks everyone... there are some good ones.

This is the first one I was able to do. Hopefully this answered your questions, hamza.

<a href="http://rockets.clutchfans.net/327/carroll-dawson-works-with-jordan-hill/" title="Houston Rockets forward Jordan Hill works out with former GM Carroll Dawson">Up-Hill Battle: Former GM tutors Rockets forward</a>

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Generic questions you can ask any player:

1. Every season roles change on a team, what role do you see for yourself on this year's squad?

2. What did you work on in the offseason that will help you coming into this year?

3. What are your expectations for the team, and what personal goals have you set for yourself?

Specific questions to players:

AB

1. Last year was a breakout year for you, how do you continue to improve, and what do you think you need to work on the most?

2. How different is it for a PG to play with a big man like Yao Ming? How do you take advantage of his skill set and mesh that with your game?

Scola

1. Most players have a consistent role they play, how is it that you are able to bounce between roles so easily? For the Rockets you are one of the options, but on the National team you are "The guy", which role do you prefer, and how are you able to be effective in both?

Yao

1. Last year watching from the bench, what did you learn about your teamates skills that will help you and the team this season?

Cbud

1. Last year was great for you, but the NBA is a game of "What have you done for me lately", so what are you working on improving to take your game to that next level?

I could go on and on.....but those are enough for now.

DD

11. PeppermintCandy

I have some questions regarding the D-league. In their second season as owners of the RGV Vipers, how are the Rockets approaching the D-league differently this year as opposed to last year?

I'd also be interested to hear the Vipers' side of the story, what their managers and coaches think, how their roles have changed.

Second, I'm curious as to why they've signed Ish Smith outright as their 3rd PG instead of signing him to their D-league team and bringing him up whenever Brooks or Lowry got hurt, like they did with Conley and Temple last season. Is it simply because Smith is the more talented player, or is it due to some limitation in using the D-league in this way?

Thanks Clutch.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

GREAT Jordan Hill interview Clutch!!! You da man!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

For coaching staff:

What kind of player do you think Patrick Patterson can be in the NBA? is there any star potential?

Cheers!

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why are you so underrated?

15. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

a) Why was AB not taking 3's tonight? He had many opportunities where he had enough space and he just wasn't taking them. Very strange.

b) Where in God's name were Jordan Hill and Brad Miller?? Are advantage over GW was that they have no size. Instead of taking advantage, it seems like we purposely put a team on the court that was as bad as them. We were playing a worse team tonight then we played last season, and by choice. I'm confused.