1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions you'd like to ask the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 18, 2010.

1. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

how does c. lee feel running the offense so far?
    he seems like he is very hesitant in the preseason but that may be his approach to the game normally.

what adjustments can we make in defending the pick and role to keep yao out of those situations?

If you saw the last preseason game, Yao tweeked his knee trying to keep up with Devin Harris and you have to believe the better guards in the game will try and take advantage.

1 person likes this.
  2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

How much longer will Rick Adelman coach? Are the Rockets his last stop in a HOF worthy career?

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

If you get a chance to talk to any of the trainers--

I've always wondered about the sort of diet that NBA players follow, particularly since we know people like Lowry and Hill visit Breakfast Klub a bunch. What type of foods do they tend to eat and how do you manage their intake?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good question, and as a follow up, are we grooming Shane Battier as his successor?

5. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Please ask the Rockets not to allow Jonathan Feigen (from Chronicle) to k*** their rear so much. He is not bad but an "embedded" writer. Not a Journalist. Journalists usually have more courage.

6. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Has there ever been an instance where an idea or comment from a fan actually impacted coaching, scouting, or player development?

From a business perspect, what tools do the Rockets use to measure fan response to how the team is doing or how they are marketed?

To Morey, what is the oddest or most memorable arguement another GM has used during trade negotiations?

1 person likes this.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Member

Exactly
    I just do not see how we can defend Wade-James :eek: :eek:
    let's say Battier vs James
    Wade would eat Martin alive!
    this is seriously the only mismatch that i see among all the teams this season

Gasol Bynum can be neutralized by Yao-Hill or Yao-Jeffries
    but the Heat is a big problem

so can we imagine Martin coming off the bench and let Lee start to defend let's say Wade?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Cool thread. Thanks Clutch.

My question is pretty general and can be asked to anyone (esp. the coaches or basketball operations personnel):

Defense has to be a big emphasis this season. Yao has played limited minutes and its just preseason, but are you encouraged by the way the team has defended? Will this be a singificantly improved defensive team?

9. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I think you can imagine it, but it will never happen. i'd rather have Martin try and draw fouls early, like he's going to do anyway, and make Wade sit. If it's not working and our scoring output isn't keeping up with them, then maybe you bring in Lee early. Or maybe you bring in Lowry for Martin and make Wade chase Brooks around. Maybe you switch Martin and Battier for awhile, just to mix it up. Maybe you double team Wade more often. Maybe you sweep the leg. So many options.

10. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

What can Rockets fans at the game do to help the Rockets team have the best home court advantage in the league?

This hasn't happened in a long time, (Rockets have ranked higher in defensive efficiency than offensive for at least since the 02-03 season and I was unable to find any other calculations prior to that) but do you expect the Rockets offensive efficiency ranking to be ranked higher than the defensive efficiency ranking this year?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL at the how can I be a better fan question.

12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

When is Calvin Murphy coming back?

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Do the Red Rowdies owe Clutchfans an homage chant during the game?

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

We cheer on the Rockets, not Rockets fan websites.

The "Clutch City" chant we do when the Rockets games is close in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter is as close as it's going to get. Maybe I'll echo that with a "dot net" next time we chant it.... but good question :rolleyes:

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Ouch.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

How does a rocket jet pack get improved that is made of cardboard? New bio-degradable material? Made of recycled thundersticks?

17. k-money

k-money Member

your words apply to this to.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

The rockets have been finding great talent lately, my question is, how do the rockets draft or find talent, 2nd question what is the most underated stat the rockets look at while drafting a player?........ Clutchfans if you cant think of a better way to ask this question please post. Hopefully it gets ansewered.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

since ish was kept on as the 15th player (3rd pg). does that pretty much rule out matt maloney being added on to the roster this season for a playoff run?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, he's probably still under contract! :grin: