1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions for Clutch to ask at Media Day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sherlock, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Clutch mentioned in his <a href="http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1360/so_whats_the_holdup_bonzi">new article:</a>

"Also, for those who have asked, I will be attending Media Day next week and some of training camp in Austin as well, so if you have questions you would like me to ask players, please feel free to post them on the BBS."

<b>So, what are some really good questions?</b>

#1 Sherlock, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Who do you think will start at PF?

Who do you think will start at SG?

Is Deke enough to back up Yao at center?

How do you see Battier's role on this team?

Are we finished adding to this team for the off-season, and if there was a trade, what player or type of player do you see would most help us become contenders?

Do you think we could have gotten more, like at least a draft pick, in the Gay/Swift/Battier trade?

#2 Sherlock, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  3. Guru

Guru Member

Are there any more moves the organization is anticipating? Is Howard going to be gone by the end of this season?

Ok maybe just the first one... :D

4. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

If Bonzi wants 7-10 million next year, will you find a way to offer it?

5. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

/or match what he gets in FA

6. jdrock

jdrock Member

Beyond the rowdy section (forget the name) that JVG will be sponsoring, what plans does the organization have for boosting the atmosphere in the Toyota Center? We definitely need some help in that area.. call me crazy, but that alone could win us a game or two.

With the acquisition of Bonzi, is Luther being shopped around more aggressively?

What plans do we have to replace Mutombo? Are we trying to get another backup big?

7. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

What do you know about the TO situation? :p

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

What role will Chuck Hayes play on the Rockets for the upcoming season?

In what ways, if any, will Daryl Morey's statistical analysis effect the way that you (JVG) coach the team?

Obviously, you have a fair amount of influence over personel decisions. Can you get Calvin Murphy re-hired?

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I can see JVG going Parcel's on someone's arse if they asked that question.

10. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Please do....Drexler is dog ****

11. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch and Sherlock, here is my question:

Will the young players get enough minutes to play so that they can develop/prove themselves? Especially Spanoulis, Head, Snyder and Novak.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Will the Rockets offense be centered more around Yao this season, to take advantage of his improvements on that end and ease the burden on McGrady?

How do you plan to use the statistical information collected by Morey in making your coaching decisions?

Looking at our roster over all, what are some of the potential weaknesses? It appears that we are younger, have more size and quickness on the perimeter, and we picked up a couple players who can shoot "with range" at the four position (Battier and Novak).

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

JVG likes to experiment with starters/lineup throughout training camp and preseason, so I doubt there are any concrete answers to questions regarding who will play what and for how long at media day. But I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering if Battier was acquired primarily to play power forward!

Any questions regarding changes to T-Mac's workout routine to improve the condition of his back I'd be interested in hearing about. I'd also be interested to hear if JVG is satisfied with the conditioning of the players he's had contact with so far. We know he's a stickler for that stuff.

14. durvasa

Can Steve Novak play the "Scott Padgett" role on this team? What areas would he need to improve to become a rotation player?

15. today

today Contributing Member

Question for Bonzi: What do you think about being the 6th man instead of starting?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

These are all very valid questions, but while reading through them, I just have the sense that I know exactly how JVG is going to answer each one of them. :D

Did anyone else get that sense while reading through them?

17. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

* Has Sura recovered from his fainting spells?

* Why does Juwan feel the need to steal sunglasses?

* Are we increasing the bribes Rafer hands out to the refs during games this year? What amount did JVG direct him to hand out, and does he think it was enough, or do we need to take it to the next level?

* How does JVG feel knowing that BBS admins are threatening to punch him in the face if they hear from one more national expert about Yao not having meaningful and consistent performance?

;)

18. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Could you ask Ryan Bowen if he found a jump shot during the summer?

19. durvasa

Might as well also ask what Bowen brings to the team that we don't already have in Shane Battier. He's like Super-RyBo.

20. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Fixed for ya.