1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions about buying Jordan’s on release day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Dec 2, 2015.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

His "game" shoes are all red Jordan 1's. He is a phenom at basketball for a 7 year old so he can pull off the all red shoes.

His everything else basketball shoes are some DRoses he got some time ago he finally grew into. But those are getting small.

2. BigSherv

American Dream is right. I noticed the funniest thing yesterday. I had to stop by the Walmart at SPO yesterday to pick up my $9 Aladdin Bluray from Black Friday. I kid you not, every employee there had in some form of Jordans. This one 60 year old grand mother looking employee had on the white and grey 13's I would have died for as a kid. One guy had one one white and one grey making a mismatched pair of Jordan 1's. Two of the same damn shoe. It is amazing how so many years passed his playing day MJ is still an icon for shoes.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Best basketball J's I've ever worn are the 13s "He got game" funny I had two pair to play in now I don't wear them to hoop at all.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Wait till he is at least like 13 before you waste money like this... He wont appreciate them and he will grow out of them before you can get out of the footlocker

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually appreciated my shoes starting in 4th or 5th grade. Started with the Kamikaze Kemp's. Then Nike for life after that. My poor folks had to go find new release shoes in size 12-14 (as I grew) pre-internet-days for $150+.

Action figures and shoes I cherished. And still appreciate today (like a loser).

6. hvic

hvic Member

from my experience from Foot locker or foot action is to speak to the manager and if you pay them 40 bucks they will guarantee to hold your shoes and size when it is release. It does help to know someone that works at a shoe store but this was about 3-4 years ago when I did this and don't know if this still works

7. BigSherv

He actually wears basketball shoes a lot and often when he out grows them he has wore down the soles quite a bit.

If they were 100 dollars i would not even be thinking about them. 70-80 seems okay especially for Christmas.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the grade school sizes are $160!

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

first release always buggy, wait for the patched version.

11. BigSherv

Ugh, 90 bucks...

12. BigSherv

30minutes trying to get into every shoe website on the web
    30 minutes of trying to add a pair to cart
    40 minutes to finish the transaction

But I got confirmation of my order. Sucks they won't allow free shipping on this one particular item. They get you coming and going.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

To think, my kids are happy with $20 shoes.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did you try Ruvilla? Sometimes they're easier.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That time is actually pretty good! They must have streamlined the buying process.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I woke up late, started looking at 1pm and got a pair at foot action online. It took me 10 minutes.

That was impossible last year and years before but Jordan ramped up production and made tons of the last two releases. Good for normal folks just looking for shoes and bad for resellers.

17. i3artow i3aller

:p

You chose wisely...
    [​IMG]

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

$220 for normal folks!? I have to get my paper up. I need to get back in the game.

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

First, the Jordans in this pic are fake as hell. You actually don't have to stand in line anymore at most stores. They do raffles where they will randomly draw names and you come in and pay for your pair. No need to camp all night like a crazy person.

Another thing, NIKE listened to consumers and are now mass producing pairs. So it's much easier to get Jordans now. From what I heard, this release went pretty smooth in stores. They were everywhere. Basically, if you tried hard to get these 11s, you got them.

Lastly, if you want Jordans to play basketball, I suggest the newer models. These retro re-releases have outdated tech and are still expensive. But you are dad of the year for getting him these. I know I would be one happy kid lol

Cmon man the 72-10s are nice but Columbias are classic.

20. Victorious

Victorious Member