1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Questionable" Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Mar 4, 2015.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The games this season where there was some external forces playing into the outcome of the game for the Rockets.

I can count four:
    1. 1st Hawks' Game: Refs totally took over that game down the stretch after a very competitive 4th quarter and almost no calls the first 45 minutes of the game.
    2. Bulls' Game: Free throw disparity was 33-5 Bulls; 2 of those were defensive three second technicals and another 2 came after the game was decided in the last possession.
    3. 2nd Hawks' Game: We settled for a lot of threes in the 4th quarter but the Hawks got called for like 2 fouls the entire 2nd half! Plus the DMo "technical" is a WTF moment.
    4. Tonight's Grizzlies' Game: 5 free throws against one of the most physical teams in the league and the Harden No-Call.

Any others? I feel like this list will grow as we get into and in the playoffs.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The one that sticks out to me was the Portland series last year where they called a loose ball foul on Dwight which sealed the game for the Blazers, then said they blew the call the game after.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Atlanta @Houston one was horrible, and the @Chicago one worse. The rest, I don't think we can peg on referee bias.

In general, if you want a theme here, it's that the the NBA is trying to prop a fledgling and honestly incompetent Eastern Conference. Everything that goes on in that league is a joke compared to the West.