1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

question regarding nyk/den

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emcitymisfit, Dec 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Is the 2014 pick denver received from the Melo trade unprotected?

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It's unprotected.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

NYC need to wait until 2018 to trade a first round pick if memory serves me right aswell

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, unprotected. Amazing how those deals can quickly turn around. I will say though that the Knicks have started horribly in the past and then turned it around... when Tyson Chandler gets back, they could get it together in a horrible Conference.

Also, I believe Denver still owes Orlando a first round pick from the Iguodala trade, so the "weaker" of their pick or New York's pick goes to them. The Nuggets have won 10 of their last 13 so they may be turning things around, but could be two lottery picks we're talking about.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It won't be lotto because in the weak east, the Knicks will probably still make the Playoffs as teams really start gearing up the tank as the season goes on.

7. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

[​IMG]

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean, the Knicks are bad right now... but htey only have 4 more losses than the 3rd place team, and 3 more losses than their division leader.

here's a random record book question for anybody. has there ever been a start to the season where through the first month an entire conference only had 2 teams with winning records, as is currently the case?

My money is still on one of the Knicks or Nets winning that division, and I'm still going with the Knicks... though the next 9 games will determine that or not, imo. They play the Nets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, Bulls, Celtics, Hawks, Wizards and Bucks. They need to go at least 5-4.

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Obviously losing Chandler has made a huge difference, as he's their defensive anchor, but there's also no guarantee that he will remain healthy.

The East is very, very bad, but it's not like the Knicks have had a rough schedule so far, either.

10. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The craziest one is Brooklyn's 2014 1st rounder goes to Atlanta (via swap - Atlanta gets to choose) and then the less favorable one goes to Boston (Pierce/Garnett trade) so Brooklyn ends up with nothing to show for this down year :eek:

11. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

brooklyn traded what became damian lillard for gerald wallace in 2011.....

harrison barnes and andre drummond went next two pick after too

terrible terrible management over there, they're gonna just spend and spend on old guys who were names in the past