1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question on Relationships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Mar 21, 2011.

?

What Relationship Would You Prefer If Your Marriage Ends

1. Marry Again Some Day - Re-marriage

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No Marriage - But Would Probably Live Together

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. No Serious Relationship But a "F*** Buddy"

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. No Serious Relationship - Solitary Life

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to assume my wife isn't dead because that is a crappy thing to suggest, Manny. No wonder you like such bad music.

I am going to assume that my wife is a psycho b**** (not a stretch at all but I am going to pretend that is NOT the reason I love her and we work so well)and we get divorced. My plan will be:

#3 - I am in high demand and cannot let it go to waste. And I would go as young as I could without being annoyed. I would do this for a while but not too long. After that I would probably switch to being open to whatever happens but not really wanting anything one way or the other. I am great alone and in general it is near impossible for me to find someone for a real relationship (a combination of standards, worldview, personality, etc) so I would not expect to find anyone that would fit but if I did I wouldn't ignore it just because I had been burned before.

So the next answer is neither #1 nor #2 because those are too limited and I would not be interested in playing house by moving in with someone if I didn't think it was forever or, at least, for a long time.

I didn't vote in your pole. Because I am soooooo cool.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree. I have 4 kids; if I'm taking care of them, do you think I want to do it by myself? :p Seriously, the kids would be the biggest driver for what relationships I enter after the divorce/death/dismemberment of my wife.

But, honestly, I'm not one for whoring around, so I'd probably be in the #1 or #4 camp.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i'm married now.

if things change put me down for a number 3, with an order of rio de janeiro on the side

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i fell into #1 and am actually still surprised that i wasn't completely jaded after my abortion of a first marriage.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine how anyone would know how they feel about this until it happens, even f it was happening for the second or third time.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

agreed. weird question.

and also, that's a helluva jump between "serious-living together" and "**** buddy"

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

If I somehow lost my wife, I suspect I might start a serious relationship with Johnny Walker for a while....I can't imagine dating would be on the radar for a long time...

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Manny just divorce this girl - clearly you do not love her and you doubt your marriage every day.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thinking about it now when you can be objective could help you make a wiser decision should you actually be confronted with the choice later.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I voted for Fw/B, but that is probably colored by the fact that I wouldn't get married in the first place.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The people I know that have been married and gotten a divorce, for the most part, swear that they are never going to go through that again. I would say 50% are in the "f*** buddy" camp and the other 50% are in the living with someone but not marrying.

Different question since so many people have talked about kids - is it better to stay married but be fighting in front of your kids all the time or get a divorce and even though the kids have their folks split up, they are at least not having to deal with all the drama and fighting. My brother-in-law is dealing with that right now - he is in a loveless marriage and fights with his wife a lot but won't divorce her because he has 2 kids with her.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Pretty steep drop off from the second to third option.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I say make it work, or at least try to get along as roommates. Kids are the #1 priority, and keeping things stable is huge, at least until they're out of the house. It's the commitment you make when you have them.