1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[QUESTION]How Did ---- Get to Be Famous

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The dashes are "fill in the blanks". Come up with someone that you find obnoxious, irritating and annoying that is supposedly famous. Pontificate on why this person got to be famous or not. You can just go into rant mode and talk about why you think this person is a jackwagon.

My choice is this character called "Snooki". Not only is she extremely dog ugly but she is also beyond any mortal comprehension of gross. Plus she is so tiny that as my good friend Mad Max would say, she has to shop at Gymboree to find tops to fit her. All I know about her is that she is on this trainwreck of a show called "Jersey Shore" and apparently that is why she is famous. Although I think she is also famous for just being stupid but who knows.

Paris Hilton is another but hers is more obvious because of her last name. Yet another no talent, highly vapid waste of human space.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Sluts get all the attention.

You can add Megan Fox to that list as well. Not saying shes a slut but she is very talentless.

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

"Justin Bieber"

4. QPower

QPower Member

How did Kim Kardashian get famous?

It puzzles me that she is a millionaire for essentially doing nothing.

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Anyone that comes on MTV :mad:

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regis Philbun - I just do not understand the appeal.

The Goselins - I understand they had a show since they had eight kids but I don't get why they get continuing media coverage. If anyone whose 15 minutes were long over it should be them.

Anyone on Jersey Shore - I just cannot understand the continuing appeal of that particular group of douchebags. You see one douchebag with spiky hair showing off his abs you've seen them all.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

I hate bieber as much as the next guy, but his youtube vids before he got 'discovered' are pretty ridiculous. I'd say that he has some basis for being famous. Moreso than paris hilton, at least. Come to think of it, he's the byproduct of the youtube era.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

This is why...

[​IMG]

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't know why folks hate on her so much. She comes from money as her dad was a famous lawyer and had other businesses. She basically used to work for rich folks as a designer. She has paid her dues. She does more then a lot of millionaires.

She made a big mistake with making a video with Ray J. That helped her out with becoming famous though. She's a sexy woman.

The media such as eNews are the ones to blame for folks getting so famous. Jersey and etc. The media tends to glorify folks which then helps make them famous.

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I understand why Beiber and Megan Fox are famous: they make music or are in movies. That's easy.

Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian have done nothing. The latter "paid her dues" because she was a designer? Whatever. Was she a famous designer? No she was not. These two got famous for doing nothing. What's really baffling is that they've continued to do nothing after they got famous, and this got them both more famous. I understand none of this, along with all of the other reality TV doofuses.

The people in that overblown karaoke contest known as American Idol....I get that....even though it's still an overblown karaoke contest.

11. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

-Dr. Phil

-Osama Bin Laden

-Paris Hilton/sluts

-Ryan seacrest (American idol)

-Keanu Reeves (terrible terrible actor)

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As talentless as she is, Fox has been acting for a while, even before transformers

Hilton on the other hand did nothing but bang a bunch of dudes and be rich

13. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. That baffles me.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

What about Nicole Ritchie, just because her father was famous? what she did to become famous? hang around with Paris Hilton?

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

?? sarcasm right?

16. Manny Ramirez

Ooh, that is a great one. I thought it was hilarious that Heidi released a music album and spent "millions" of dollars on it.

david,

Nicole Richie has 2 things going for her:

1) Daughter of Lionel Richie
    2) Friend (or used to be friend) of Paris Hilton :grin:

17. Manny Ramirez

Nah, there are a lot of people who feel (I'm one of them) that Keanu Reeves cannot act.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

rosie o'donnell.

she's not funny. she's ugly. she's annoying.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd probably go with Kim Kardashian's sisters. Their "famous" because they're siblings of someone who's famous for not doing anything. And Kim started to get noticed in the first place because she was friends with Paris.

So the Kardashian girls (Chloe? Courtney?) are famous because their sister was friends with another girl who didn't do ****, and because Kim and Paris had sex tapes. That's pretty much it. What a joke.

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

all these people famous because they know Paris, who's famous because.....she just is???? And Lindsay Lohan? Part of the Paris Clan too, I guess. Crazy. It's like reality TV played out in the tabloids (and major news outlets) without the decency to lock them up in an apartment or maroon them on an island.