1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for TEXANS fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ToyCen428, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

What do you guy's do, if Texans exit the playoffs in say... the AFC championship game or even the Super Bowl... and TJ Yates continues to PROVE himself against the NFL's elite?

Do you start him next season and be looking for suitors for Schaub?

Do you continue to play Schaub over Yates?

Schaub has received a ton of credit over the last 3 years, but what if the Texans have built a roster that can succeed without an all-star caliber QB? (i.e. Joe Flacco)

I have a feeling there will be mixed views on this.

And do not bring up we could make the same case for Andre Johnson because you don't trade away the best player in the NFL at his position.

In my opinion, I'd think the Texans would give Schaub until Game 4 of next season to SOLIDIFY himself as the obvious starting caliber QB of the franchise, or else he will either live out his NFL life as a 2nd stringer or be looking for a home (Washingotn, Minny, Kansas City, Baltimore, JACKSONVILLE?)

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think it depends on his performance. We were blowing teams out with Schaub behind center. With Yates, it has a Tebow-like feeling to it. Down to the last play, but gets it done.

If Yates' performances start becoming near flawless, then we have a controversy. For now, let him go through the growing pains and learn from this extraordinary opportunity.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Schaub is the starter. There's no debate really.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Schaub is still the guy.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The games that Yates squeaked out we would have won by 2+ scores with Schaub.

The only thing that could push Schaub out is a combination of Yates getting white hot down the stretch and Matt's injury concerns coupled with his contract situation.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

"TEXANS" fans, as in not "QB controversy" fans, just want to see TJ Yates and the team play well. You have a whole offseason to make a bunch of these threads to make Texans fans argue with each other. You don't have to be impatient about it and troll so early.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm a believer of the "starter shouldn't lose his spot because of injury" school of thought. Also Kubiak is first and foremost a loyalty guy. He's not gonna desert a qb he handselected after half a season.

8. Raven

Raven Member

If Yates is solid in the playoffs, then he will be a known. But Schaub would still be an unknown. If the Texans have to choose between a known and unknown, I think they will stick with what they know. And don't expect Yates to happily go back to holding a clipboard if he continues to play well, especially if he leads the team deep into the playoffs. The bottom line, I think there is a very good chance that Schaub is traded if Yates continues to amaze.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Schaub will finish out his contract and in a few seasons we will have our next QB ready to go.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

This is a great thing no matter how you slice it. If Yates excels we pull a Matt Cassell and trade him for some picks. Its a win win.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

What if he wins the super bowl?

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

What if he lose to the Panthers? Should the Texans cut him and start Delhomme?

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Schaub only has 1 more year on his deal.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Good thread topic OP. Can't believe no one else has thought to make a topic on this in the last few weeks. :)

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

bench Schaub the whole season so he'll be ready for the playoffs.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At the beginning of next season, Schaub will be the starter (backed up by Yates). Then we'll see what happens. If Yates is viable, long-term starter material, things will happen naturally.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Even if Yates is the future, Schaub is still the present. Get a few more seasons out of him and let Yates learn from him and Kubiak before handing him the reigns.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yates has alotttttttttt to learn.

19. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Yates has all the intangibles in the WORLD!! But what did we learn from this game? Our defense can't stop every team! and Turnovers are butt-hurters!! Go Tebow and go San Diego!! We still have a great team people!! Go TEXANS!!

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Our offense also can't score 13 pts and expect to win.