1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for all you stat junkies out there...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Stros, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

What websites/databases other than Fangraphs, Baseballreference and Stathead do you use for looking into stats, especially advanced stats? In regard to these sites, what features do you like about it, specifically stats/views/charts/etc. in which other sites don't have for free and/or aren't as savvy (e.g. the manner in which you can filter the stats)?

Ideally looking for free sites but if it's worth paying for I will pony up, assuming there is good reason based the answers to the above question.

Finally, does any site keep track of team splits on wins and losses in total? For example, I would love to know what opponent teams records are in the series immediately following a series in which they played the Astros.

In other words, the Padres lost tonight against the Angels (who on my book were ridiculous +410 underdogs at a -1 alt RL...so of course I had to sprinkle some on it) and I would like to know if that happens often (i.e. teams blow their wad against us like the Padres did this past weekend only to go lose the next series against some trash team bc they're out of bullets?)

TLDR: I have a lot of spare time for the first time in forever so I have been betting on baseball recently on a near nightly basis and I use stats to the extent possible to back my plays...I would like to know if anyone has tips for better sites for stats.

Edit: I've been doing very well in baseball (up over $5K the last 4 months through 3 to 5 team parlays of $100 max combined with live betting, often hedges to the parlays) and just curious who else bets on baseball regularly? I couldn't change this post to a poll but I would love to get together in a group chat/message with those that do bet baseball to discuss strategies, nightly picks, etc. DM me if you're interested!

#1 Htown Stros, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

BaseballSavant
    Baseball Prospectus

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.