1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: Cat health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chicken Boy, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

My cat has skinny white worms coming out of his ass. I did some research and found that he probably contracted roundworm.

I don't know if any of you have had similar problems (with your cat, that is). But what's the best brand of dewormer to use?

This is already gonna be the best Valentine's Day ever!

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Wow, thats pretty nasty. Take it to the vet.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm so glad I opened this thread while eating my Breakfast Jack. :mad:

Good god, man.

4. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Nah. I love this cat but I'm in college. $40 at the vet's, or do it myself for a lot less.

And...sorry.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Don't be chicken, boy, Chicken Boy... take him to a veterinarian... PRONTO!!!! :mad:

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I don't recall the name of the medication I bought for my GF's cat, but it was a powder you place in the p***y's food and it was only about $10 at Petco.

7. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Funny...it's my gf's cat too.

Thanks for the help.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

the meds to get depends on the worm. you have to smell the worms first. then report back here.

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Yeah, and take a nice long whiff of his ass while you're at it. :eek:

10. underoverup

underoverup Member

ha ha those are tape worms cats them from fleas, a vet will give you a pill for ten bucks and he'll be better. the only problem is the pill is the size of your big toe and there is inserting involved. :eek:

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can get vet-quality perscription worm pills for your cat online. If you'd like me to look for the proper pills let me know. You should also consider getting some "frontline" or similar anti-flea medicine. Usually cats get worms from flea bites.

As nasty as it is for you keep in mind how unplesant and uncomfortable it must be for the cat to have little things wiggling around in it's @ss.

12. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Otto - Just missed your post. I had already gone to the pet store, where they were pretty much completely unhelpful. Another customer in there recommended this Erliworm stuff that he swore by though, so we'll see how this all works out. Thanks for the offer though!

He's not an outside cat. But I'm admittedly ignorant about whether or not that affects whether or not he can get fleas. I know he sure as hell didn't get 'em from me [I think ;)]. I will def look into Frontline.

Underoverup - ouch.

Once again thanks for the advice guys.

13. underoverup

underoverup Member

i was just kidding, it's just a little bitty pill one gulp and the worms are gone.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Take the cat to the vet. If you can't afford a $40 vet bill, you should have thought about taking on the responsibilities of having a pet. If the cat has worms, there is no telling if it may be sick with something else, etc., etc.

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

If your cat is leaking worms, then you might just have to take your finger and shove them all the way back up there. Plug the hole while you're at it too, your cat will thank you. (I miss you fluffy :( )