1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Yao's injuries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phreak3, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Are they all interrelated or just fluke accidents? I know he's had some elbow problems and some toe problems... seems like the injuries are all independent occurrences(?)

Is he just the unluckiest guy in the NBA or these injuries have something to do with being 7'6" and 300+ lbs?

2. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Well obviously the "stress fracture" would not have happened had he not been lugging around that 300+ frame all the time playing year round.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Of course the injuries are related to his size. Anyone who says otherwise is completely delusional.

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I think they are all related to his size except for his broken leg. That one was because a guy fell right into him as he came down (though the 300 pounds probably didn't help things).

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

When I got my navicular tarsal stress fracture I was running over 100 miles a week. It's a pretty common overuse injury. He probably wouldn't have gotten it if he played fewer minutes or had enough time to recover. When the body is run down and overused, that's when injuries happen.

6. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

He has been logging in heavy minutes this season. I think the rox management should take note and make sure he averages at least 30mins next season.

7. cneptune

cneptune Member

Could we possibly work on slimming him down to a little closer to his size when he came into the league? Give up a little power to gain agility and stability.

8. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

what's the doctor doing? did he wear contact lens?

9. feihung316

feihung316 Member

What? No complaints? I could only imagine the amount of threads bashing tmac if he was the one out for the rest of the year? Yao is more injury prone than him as far as I could see. Let him heal and play his olympic games, that's all he cares about anyway.

10. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

you are right. yao is injury prone and he still played. the difference is tmac knows how to protect him. is it the answer you need?

11. feihung316

feihung316 Member

no, i don't care for bashing yao. i just think this forum is full of dumbasses who keeps bashing on tmac for everything, but always giving yao so much credit. i already figured out a long time ago that neither of them are gonna be able to carry a team. i believe in the team's unselfishness, and that's why losing yao will bring out the best of our young players.

12. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

if tmac could work hard like yao, he could never be criticized. i agree they can't carry the team by either of them. but before yao's curtain call, the team gave me a feel they are able to beat any teams and they can. tmac relocated himeself and other role players reloaded. everything was perfect.