1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

question about the Staples Center

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LFE171, Nov 9, 2008.

1. LFE171

LFE171 Member

So they house both the Lakers and Clippers. My question is, do they have 3 locker rooms? 2 home locker rooms for the lakers/clippers and an away locker room?

I just think it'd be weird to have 1 home locker room and 1 away., Say you're the lakers playing their away game, would you move all your stuff out of your home locker into the away locker?

I don't know, I know its random as hell, but I'm really curious about it.

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Clippers and the Lakers each have their own locker rooms, and so do the Kings and the Shock. I don't know how many visitor locker rooms they have.

3. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

The clippers and the lakers have the same locker room. i dont know how many lockers they have in the room but i know for sure, that when the lakers and clippers play each, the home team takes the home locker room while the other has to move to the visitors locker room. they made fun of this couple of times of tnt last season

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They have their own home locker rooms.

I've always wonder how it was when they played each other. Do they use their own, or use the visiting basketball locker room.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Do they live in hotel when they are the road team?

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I'm pretty sure they have individual locker rooms. Almost positive.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

There are a total of 12 locker and dressing rooms, including team-specific locker rooms for the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings. <BR>

#7 topfive, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  8. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

also...do they all shower together or do you think they get their own private little shower?

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yesterday was a perfect example of how it is necessary to have individual locker rooms (lol illmatic)

they had about 3-3.5 hours to switch the Clippers floor to the Lakers floor after the Clippers beat the Mavs.

they said that were players from the Clippers, Lakers, and Rockets all warming up (or cooling down) on the floor in between games.

so there were four teams in the arena within a very short time of one another.

the correct question to ask is if the mavs and the ROckets had the same visitor's locker room last night.

perhaps the mavs cursed us last night?

[​IMG]

10. yobod

yobod Member

You realize the Kings play in Sacramento right? Northern California, no where near LA.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

The LA Kings is the hockey team.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

HAHA!

Wayne Gretzky much?

That dude is in front of Staples Center.

13. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

my mistake, i just did a lil research. they have different locker rooms. Although the clippers locker room is smaller and crappier when compared to the lakers locker room. Also, when the clippers are at home playing the lakers, they get booed a lot, lol. Imagine getting booed at your home games

14. LFE171

LFE171 Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, I bet he can imagine that feeling.

15. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

No you fools they share the same locker rooms even when they play each other they share the same locker room. They just party it up and represent LA BOY!!!

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

which is the slight advantage the lakers have over all the other west teams of having 2 extra "home" games and 2 less "road" games. sure they probably would have been the clippers anyway if they played somewhere else but you never know if they played somewhere like in a sacramento, golden state, oklahoma, portland, utah, where they are known to have loud fans that they could have dropped a game.

consider that in a western conference last year where first place and 4 were separated by 2 games. its huge

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Clippers can have their own STADIUM and county if they moved over to the Honda Center... too bad they'll never do it under current ownership.

Wondering if the Lakers and Clippers have any shared payment on the Staples Center lease. Though they can afford it thatd kinda make the Lakers not really want the Clippers to depart.