1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Kenny (related to Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sofine81, Dec 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

What will happen to the votes that Kenny recieved in the West, I doubt that many people outside of Houston voted for him....but what will happen to them? Will they be switched to the East?

2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I didnt see the All-Star votes thread, yall can close this thing down, if I had seen it, I would have posted in it :)

3. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Who Care's he was a cancer. He is not even top 10 PF in the crappy eastern conference

4. OT

OT Member

Yeah Duck, he was really crappy. Just look what a fine job the PFs that are now in the starting role or getting a lot of PT are doing. Our PF position has taken a nose dive since he left. I think we could have beaten Utah if KT had been playing instead of MoT and Eddie.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I like how this myth that Kenny was a cancer just keeps growing and growing and growing and growing and .......................
    :rolleyes:

6. danjojo

danjojo Member

A cancer ?

Some people are really clueless...what's the Rockets record since KT left ?

I personally keep voting for him...as well as Horry and Cassell...

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Kenny was a problem in the development of Yao Ming. The problem was that Kenny was not a team player he seldom passed the ball and often shot outside of his high % range.

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

While I agree that his shooting % and passing left much to be desired, KT brought it every night.

If KT was 3 inches taller, he would have gotten the contract that MoT got and MoT would be in Philly. The only person that KT was standing in the way of was EG. EG's development was needed to let him grow with Yao, Steve, & Cat. MoT has the body to play PF in the West, KT did not..period. If MoT had KT's desire and heart there would not even be a discussion about " KT or MoT ".

KT was not a cancer but he had a tendency to play for " his shot and only his shot ".

I liked KT and wish him all the luck but he now wears the enemy's colors and hope he does well against everyone but us.

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2-2.
    One of those wins being against the #1 team in the East (Indiana) and the other being a 19 point drubbing of the Hawks. The two losses being against playoff teams in the West, the Jazz and Wolves. This is with Posey still clueless on how to play in this offense (rightfully so).

It's not like Kenny has allowed the Sixers team to take off. In his brief 2 games, they're 1-1 with a loss against Atlanta and an OT win over the Lakers. Kenny's shooting 31%

10. danjojo

danjojo Member

We were better then a .500 team with Kenny, and .500 without him. I would hardly call that being a cancer.
    And i'm not saying he could make or break a game, just that calling him a cancer is ridiculous.
    Pippen's a cancer, but KT ? Come on, show some respect for a guy who played hard and didn't whine like a little girl.

11. sun12

sun12 Member

I don't think KT will help us with the 2 games we lost. In these 2 games, we were fairly competitive after 3 quarters, then we lost.
    In the Timberwolves game, we just ran out of gas. In the Utah game, it is our offensive execution as well as defensive intensity.
    Just give this team some time to incorporate Posey in the lineup, I think we will win many games down the road

The PF position still needs work, but it is very difficult to get a banger-type PF now, so let's wait and see. Maybe we will get one at the end of the season.

12. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

glad he is gone no more needed questions

13. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

oh and by the way we lost to utah cuz the ROCKETS lost to them not cuz we didnt have kenny

14. SLA

SLA Member

Well...good luck to Kenny!

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

KT deserves better than some of these posts. JPo is a better fit for this team, but KT was AOK with me, with the Rox -- and with Philly!

Go KT -- against any and all, except the Rox, of course.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think that eddie has stepped up his offence since the trade. what we are still missing is kt's defence and rebounding. eddie is yet to fill kt's shoes in that catagorie.

i feel that this was a good trade because we now have our first solid perimeter defender since shandon. however, unlike shandon, james is oversized for the 2-3 spot. he is 6'8 and can guard any 2-3 on the perimeter. shandon would get abused by taller 2's and even normal sized 3's.

up untill this trade, we had nobody that was a solid defender. we owe our defence to rudy's coaching. now that we have james he should spark everyone to play with energy. he coul have the same efect on us that doug christie had for the kings.

17. SLA

SLA Member

I hope he will help us with our defense and bring effervescence to our team. Hopefully he will get more playing time and Terence Morris will get less playing time.
    Posey is very different from Doug Christie. I can easily recognize Posey with his long socks and headband.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

...and he has a different jersey # than anyone else on our team.

i didnt mean that posey and christie are similar. just that they have similar roles to play. and hopefully will give similar results.

19. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Kenny has gone 4 for 13 shooting and 19 rebounds in 43 minutes with the 76ers. Against the Jazz, Eddie and MoT got 5 rebounds in 61 minutes combined,,only two more against the Wolves. But why the sudden interest in the Sixers ,,the Rockets solved their problems at the sf and got a backup 2..and cleared the way for EddieG to show his stuff.
    If Eddie comes through, and I think he eventually will, the Rockets got a heck of a deal,

20. SLA

SLA Member

I agree zzHiggins.