1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about a PayPal dispute

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blake, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Basically, I sold 2 concert tickets to a guy for face value for a Radiohead show in Vancouver a month ago. He pays me via PayPal

The tickets were mailed to me and I immediately (same day) mailed them to him (to Canada from Houston) to the address that Paypal provided.

He emails me two days after I ship them (about 2 weeks before the show) and tells me that he just got back in town and he gives me his address, which differs from the one that PayPal provided.

I immediately email him and tell him that I shipped them to a different address and to let me know what the deal is (former addy, wrong addy, who knows?) and he never responds.

I email him again 3 days before the show and ask him if he has received the tix yet. He replies saying no but that the post office called him and said he would be receiving a package the day before the show.

I email him back telling him to let me know on the delivery day so that we can figure it out. He never does.

Three days after the show ends he emails me saying he never received the tickets and that he is going to contact PayPal if I don't refund the money.

Am I in the wrong here?

(Also, I had a tracking number on the receipt but my wife threw it away while cleaning)

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

These things usually don't go well for the seller, especially when know tracking method is available.

3. Blake

Also, this was not an ebay transaction. This was for a friend of a friend of a friend that was looking for two tickets and I happened to have two extras. College kid and a nice guy. Not a Nigerian scam artist :D

EDIT: yeah, but he gave me the wrong addy. You ship to the address that paypal gives you unless otherwise instructed

4. Blake

Also wanted to add that I feel badly that the guy didn't get the tickets. I am just pissed that this is his fault (IMO) b.c of the address mixup and because of that, I might be out $150...all for trying to help someone out.

Though it sucks on his end as well...paying for tickets that he didn't get to use

I could have sold them on ebay for 2x that amount but wanted to do the right thing.

5. johnmvp

johnmvp Rookie

This sucks for you and won't end up in your favor. I sold an Ipod and a bunch of accessories for about 200 and payment was through paypal. Two weeks went by and the guy said he never got anything so I called UPS and they said it was delivered, i contacted his apartment front desk and they also said they got the package and it was picked up a few days before my call. I contacted paypal and they credited the guys money back and anyways and I never got my ipod or accessories back. So all in all I lost about 400 dollars in that transaction.

6. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

PayPal sucks big time. I've lost about $600 because they closed a dispute I filed before it was settled, and they said they couldn't reopen the case. :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I lost $240 selling an xbox. The money went through and it ended up being some kinda fraud crap. They took the money back. Luckily I hadn't mailed the xbox so I guess I didn't really lose. Please disregard this post.

8. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Close your Paypal account and any financial accounts tied to it. The guy is Canadian, so he'll have to sue you in Texas to get his money back (meaning, it's not going to happen).

9. johnmvp

johnmvp Rookie

Their is like a 90 processing time so things like this can't happen [sell and cancel account directly after] You can close your bank account but I've heard many accounts of paypal hiring companies to find you and get the money back. also, it ends up on your credit report

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

If they take your money back I say since you know his address go to his house and **** him up.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don't trust him. I think he saw the show with your tickets...