1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: 2007+ Chevy Tahoe Owners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tonaaayyyy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I'm looking to trade in my BMW 3 series for a 2008 Chevy Tahoe. I've been reading mixed reviews about Chevy's reliability and I would like to know from fellow Clutchfans members about their experiences with Tahoe's (2007 and up models).

Any major problems? Dependability? Insurance? Repairs and Maintenance?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tahoe's are great vehicles. Cost of ownership will be much less than your BMW.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Enjoy 12-15 miles per gallon.

If gas is $4.00 a gallon you are paying 25-33 cents per mile.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Yea, I knew that would be a problem, but I was hoping cheaper insurance, repairs, maintenance, etc... would be the positive outcome compare to the 3 series. Assuming the Tahoe is reliable that is :cool:

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I drive a 2007 Tahoe and get about 16 miles per gallon, which isn't great, but isn't bad. The good thing about owning a chevy is that you can get it serviced anywhere and you don't have to go to a specialty shop like you would a BMW. I also have a 2002 suburban in my family with over 175 thousand miles on it and the engine runs great, never had any problem with it, so I am confident that my tahoe, currently at around 100k is going to follow the same road. It's a comfortable vehicle and very good to drive.

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Have had my 07 LTZ tahoe for 7 years, had a few issues the first year due to an electric problem with the battery not turning off properly (a known problem with the new models), but no other major issues.

When gas goes up, it sucks...but I have enjoyed the car and will probably keep it for another 3 years.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That's great. My dad owns a Chevy Avalanche which has 330k+ miles on it currently and I'm surprised to see an American made car last for so long.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Nice, is your commute to work far? I am looking to drive this Tahoe from Sugar Land to downtown each work day, or so I hope.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get your DRL or whatever that light is fixed that I see out on damn near every Tahoe/Suburban/pickupthatlookslikeaTahoeorSuburban I see. I swear that thing is out on every model year for the past 5-10 years. lol. :)

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you take care of most of pickups, they'll last a while. There are Ford and Chevy pickups running around tons of miles on them.

11. The Boz

The Boz Member

The wife drives a 2004 Suburban we bought new. It has 120,000 miles and never had a major problem. Two batteries, two sets of tires, brakes and wipers is all we have done to it.

Oh yea, as Dr of Dunk said, daytime running lights. One always goes out, just a $5 bulb. I see that on most of them on the road.

Also the gas. We get 13 mpg. Sucks, but it's a nice ride. I say go for it.

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

:cool: I can't wait til mine goes out. I will feel welcomed into the Chevy family.

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

:cool: Thanks! I'm excited now. I drove the Dodge Journey (rental) for a good month and I miss being able to look down at other cars and being eye level at drive-thru's.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Crappy fuel effeciency. Large-size means civil engineers must construct larger parking spaces - thus less greenspace - increasing real estate prices.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Make sure it has the 5.3 motor.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

My dad had a 2008 Tahoe and it killed my entire family.