1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Queen gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I always wondered how amazing life would be to be that guy trying to crack an NBA teams roster and in the mean time work hard and play hard as single wealthy young man in Spain, Italy, France or Australia, russia etc.

Even China because I would visit Japan all the time but Shanghai does look modern and dope.

Enjoy the journey Queen!

TheJuice likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is good, but inefficient......very good athlete and has good size, so I expect he will be a rotation player someday somewhere.

DD

vince likes this.
  3. vince

vince Member

Rockets are having to part ways with guys with potential, which is a testament that they are doing things right.

I too think Queen will eventually be a rotational player in the NBA, but he may need to play overseas first, because I get the impression that Queen’s mentality is more of a go to player. Queen probably doesn’t have the skill for being the go to guy on an NBA team, but he has the skill to do so in an overseas league. However if Queen finds his NBA niche, such as spark plug off the bench, defensive stopper, sharp shooter, etc. he will have plenty of suitors in the NBA.

But he’s young enough that he could still develop his go to guy game; but I would think that will be a gamble.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is neither the first or the last to go.....lots of bubble guys...

DD

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Also Lamb it seems.

"They did not make qualifying offers to center Bruno Fernando or on the two-way contract of forward Trevelin Queen. Anthony Lamb, who also had a two-way contract, is also a free agent."

As per Feigen in his Jae'Sean article.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Late bloomer who could be a scorer off the bench for a middle of the road team. Those players are a dime a dozen in the best basketball league in the world.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't you also say that Philly benched Canaan because he would have led to too many wins, holic?

9. marinara

marinara Member

He should go play overseas for a year or two, he looks amazing in the GLeague because the defenders aren’t normally “ NBA size “

He doesn’t offer much at NBA level apart from a 3 point shooter and maybe an option in transition which isn’t good enough to be on an NBA roster.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. i3artow i3aller

I can't stop laughing at Maori's moves. He can't help himself :D

Drift Monkey, kjayp, alethios and 3 others like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

City of Brotherly Love gets a Queen.

i3artow i3aller and alethios like this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

He's Trevelin to Philly :D

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like the signing.

Sixers, like Rockets, need long 3-D wings galore.

Harden will make Queen RICH.

15. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Morey has signed PJ, House, and Queen.

Now do Gordon.

Drift Monkey, D-rock and kjayp like this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

did we see this too... ?

Free-agent Danuel House Jr. has agreed to a two-year, $8.5 million deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. House played for the Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and Utah Jazz last season.

The Philadelphia 76ers and free-agent forward P.J. Tucker are finalizing a three-year deal worth $33.2 million, his agent told The Athletic. After winning a championship with the Milwaukee Bucks in 2021, Tucker joined another Eastern Conference contender in the Miami Heat, helping them to the best record in the conference last season.

LOL...murray, murray murray.... lol... now pony up for Ego!

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Funniest part of Murray recreating the Rox in Philly would be if they actually won a championship... so it would turn out all the Rox needed back in the day was A GOOD CENTER LIKE EMBIID! Which would be the total opposite of all that small ball crap... lol!