1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Queen Elizabeth II dies at age 96

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigM, Sep 8, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No offence but full self driving EVs will reduce vernacular accidents by halve so just drop the pretence.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

She's up there.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Too Soon, buddy.

We'll need another 10 years to talk about it here.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Dude, "HARM in the GARM" was right there for the taking.

Deathwish in the Dish

Karate Chop in the CF Shop

Waterboarded Dead in Unsorted Threads

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again if it was possibles to separate her from her title why would the UK have an official
    Holiday for the funeral of some granny?

Bloody Sunday was when in 1970 the British army killed 14 Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland. Calling it nothing more than “Vexatious claims” is kind of insulting don’t you think.

As for what she personally had controls she could control how Prince Andrew was treated. She also dealt with the divorce and death of Princess Diana pretty poorly along with Meghan Markle.

you’re asking for a rational discussion of history yet you’re saying we should divorce the role of the Queen of England from the recent history of England. I mean if this was the death of Elizabeth Windsor I doubt most people on the UK or around the world care.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Judoka and the Fatman

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL nobody said she has to be separated from her title.

I also never said we should divorce the role of the Queen of England from recent history, try again.

I also never said she does not deserve any critics at all I am only talking about her role in imperialism and colonization, it's very telling that you have pivoted to other talking points and continue to ignore those things stopped while she was queen.

The fact that you pulled the Megan Markle card is hilarious, as if she has anything to do with any of this.

Of course most people would not care about Elizabeth Windsor she died in freakin 1603 what does she have to do with anything?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

10. Buck Turgidson

If you can't empathize with the people who don't worship the Crown for various reasons, then you should re-think some things.

I respect everyone who loves the Monarchy. I hope they've found some solace.

11. Buck Turgidson

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jo mama, Jontro and ElPigto like this.
  13. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Yeah, I don't really have a lot of sadness with her passing. She was ok I guess.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good ones but we’re not in the GARM or dish. Maybe we should start a thread about this in Unsorted.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I like that one. Although since I haven’t been able to work out for a month post surgery I’m getting a bit chunky myself.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just put some tape and icy hot on it, wimp.

Buck Turgidson and rocketsjudoka like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

My mistake as I didn’t realize she didn’t actually take the family name “Windsor”.

Anyway I’m not really sure what you’re saying we can talk about. You’re saying you’re not divorcing her from recent history but then saying we shouldnt be discussing things done by the British in recent history in her name. Now you’re saying stuff she actually had direct control over her like shielding Prince Andrew is other talking points?

it sounds like your just saying we shouldn’t be criticizing the Queen since we can’t criticize her role as Monarch of Britain nor her personal role regarding covering up for her family.

FYI I did bring up Prince Andrew and Princess Diana earlier in the thread and was still talking about colonialism in the post you responded too. So it’s a bit odd you talk as though I shifted things.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’m sorry to say this but I’m going to have to turn down a potential match with @Roscoe Arbuckle.

I just saw the post he made about my recently deceased Sensei, which is disgusting even for the standards of this board. And while I have a disagreement with him on a variety of topics I’ve never disliked him or considered him a bad person. Im rethinking that position now.

Martial arts is fun and it’s also very important to me. It’s a privilege to do it. I’m not going to sully that by someone who is so juvenile as to make an unfounded accusation towards someone he doesn’t even know.

Buck Turgidson and bobrek like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

she pretty much won ww2 and was the mastermind behind lawrence of arabia’s success in the arab land