1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quarter of British Muslims sympathise with Charlie Hebdo terrorists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I see your point, and while it's not a full 1-1 correlation of sympathizers with those who feel the murders were justified, I do think there's a sizable population who agrees with the terrorist act.

It is alarming to me that anyone would consider a violent act for a non-violent offense. Verbal abuse and offensive acts do deserve some type of punishment and justice, but only in extreme cases should it resort to violence. It should never lead to murder.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think this is a fair point

The survey answer can be skewed to mean a lot of things depending on your own bias.

But I still think it's disturbing that people thinks that it is justifiable to commit some or any violent actions for a depiction of Mohammad no matter how special the circumstances are. I mean it's perfectly fine to be deeply offended, but to think of revenge using violence is messed up.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Well, if westerners had their land invaded by people who have no ties to that land and was killing off their family and friends... Those westerners might feel some kind of way if those same invaders were insulting their mom.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is that why ISIS are murdering other Muslims and Christians and throwing gays off of buildings, did those people invade their land.

I can't believe people like you

by the way the attackers were French, so Charlie Hebdo didn't invade France and kill off their friends and families.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

It's the same old story of passing the blame. It's the crusade's fault! It's the Jews' fault! America did it! It was a government conspiracy! Just sickening how much people buy into this line of thinking.

6. Remii

Remii Member

My response to the poster was specifically to the attacks on Charlie Hebdo and they are Jewish and it seems to me Jewish people have been a prime target of radicals in the western world... At least that's what the news tells us.

It's not about passing blame... It's about discussing the root of the problem so we can have some kind of idea on why this stuff is going on. And I do believe if land wasn't being illegally occupied by Europeans in the middle east a lot of this stuff wouldn't be going on.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can you point that land out on a map?

8. ChievousFTFace

You're blaming the root of the problem on some illegal occupation by Europe aka the west. This is exactly what I was saying. These occupations aren't the cause of brutal dictatorships and isn't the cause of the rift between shia and sunni. There have been injustices since the beginning.

Sure, colonialism has destroyed civilizations and reshaped maps time and again, but to constantly point blame rather than realizing that certain ships have sailed is insanity. Should our children be responsible for our sins in life? Passing hate and blame from generation to generation is also insanity.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's nothing but a lame excuse for ideologically motivated hate and violence.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

you can pay someone elses debt but you cant take away their responsibility. everyone is responsible and accountable for their own actions

11. Remii

Remii Member

Look at a map and look at Israel. That land is what I'm talking about.

I'm not speaking on what's going on inside of Iraq (which may be because they lost their dictator Saddam Hussein). I'm speaking on the attacks on the western world.

So you're calling what the Europeans are doing in Israel colonization... At least you call it what it is.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did the irony not just smack you in the face when you typed that?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, it did not.

I am neither hateful nor violent.

Also, you should look up the actual meaning of the word "irony". Hint: It is not what Alanis Morissette told you.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Easy to spot a hateful anti-semite. They will even blame Israel for ISIS. Israel is the root cause of all evil for them.

People like Remii are a disgrace.

15. ChievousFTFace

Yep. When you only single out the Jewish people and ignore Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt, you are most definitely a hateful anti-semite.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I can only be anti-semitic against actual Semites and those are Ashkenazi Jewish people... So yea, a bunch of white europeans trying to claim the middle east as theirs is probably the root cause.

"You will never be able to live here in peace, because you left here black and came back white.” Gamal Abdel Nasser (President of Egypt 1952).

And here we are in 2014 and there's still no peace in the middle east and we're probably on the verge of a world war because we support people who have no bloodline to the Hebrew Israelites. But if it's just about Europeans colonizing the middle east than just say that and stop using anti-Semitic in the wrong way like ATW.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I forgot that Remii is one of the worst racists on the board, too. The whole "bloodline" thinking is not different from Adolf Hitler's line of thinking.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Bloodline and being God's chosen people is the lie they feed American Citizens so I bring it up. Accusing them of being murdering land thieves and hijacking an identity doesn't make me a racist.

19. Faust

Faust Member

i dont know if your racist or not. but i learned something new today that most israelis arent even from there. if someone came to texas and seized my family's land because it was their home and they aint ever lived there? you bet id kick their ass. i was told the arabs kicked them out so they went all over the world.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wait, so you are buying Remii's "logic"?

Let's recapitulate:

Some guy who "isn't even from there" according to that "logic" (e.g., Coulibaly, the murderer who killed Jews in France - clearly, his ancestors are not "originally" from France) is in some way justified to kill these Jews because somewhere thousands of miles away, there are Jews who "aren't even from there"?

How does that even remotely make sense?

People move from one place to another. People of different races live all over the world. How is that in any way a justification to murder people, much less so in a place that is far away from where the alleged "not even from there people" committed the "crime" to "not even be from there"?

This whole "logic" of "I understand why they are mad everywhere in the world, because thousands of miles away, some people are occupying some land who 'are not even from there'" is utterly ridiculous. The weakest excuse ever, racially charged and a made up justification for hating Jews. Nothing else.

Fine - let's not call it anti-Semitic. You are not anti-Semitic. You are a disgusting, Jew-hating, extremely racist, depraved individual.