1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Qtr Final: Scola v. Spanoulis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 20, 2008.

1. LouisianaRocket

Wow, I actually thought it was a soundbite from a different song or something. That is kind of awesome. And yes it does sound awesome, but I didn't realize NBC let others use it.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

NBC doesn't let others use it, that's why you don't hear it on ABC NBA broadcasts. But this is all being broadcast by NBC, even though its on USA it's an NBC property.

That's why they are using it.

(in fact it's all a GE property, which owns NBC and Universal)

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Why is that a bad thing? Scola gets crushed by Team USA and decides to take his revenge against them in the NBA Playoffs. I like that scenario.

And yeah, I was really bummed back when they wouldn't let Disney/ABC/ESPN use Roundball Rock. I still hum that one aaaaaaaall the time.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fe-TEQ0yMN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fe-TEQ0yMN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

this has been my ringtone for about 3 years now.

5. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

and V-span misses a 3 at the buzzer to lose the game.

6. rockets_fanatic

What about the other shoots his team mats missed?
    This isn't a stab at you, but I hate it when a error at the end of the game is focuses on so much. Might show a player isn't clutch. As far as costing a team the game? Hmm, I wonder what the turnover count was.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saw the 1st half live and just viewed a DVR of the 2nd half. Observations:

1 Carlos Delfino played the game of his life. The announcers kept saying he was an "inconsistent" and "feast or famine" player. I have never seen him shoot anything like this. To me, he is incredibly overrated. Today was the first time he played good and I saw it.

2 The international 3 point line is a layup for Manu. The savvy and slickness he demonstrates in the NBA is multiplied by 2 in FIBA. I hate his flopping as much as anyone, but the guy plays with passion and all he cares about is winning.

3 V-Span was a complete dog in the 2nd half. I won't say he blew the game but he was a big part of the problem. The TOs and incredibly dumb blocking fouls had me wondering what was going on in his mind.

4 These teams really beat each other up and threw a lot of cheap shots. The refs weren't up to the task of properly refereeing this game. There didn't seem to be any hostility between the teams so it didn't get out of control. I lost count of how many times guys were hit near the face and neck without an "unsportsmanlike" foul being called.

5 Argentina has no shot against Team USA. It was fun watching them celebrate so hard after the game. They should enjoy the moment because they are going to get demolished next game.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed on everything you posted.

I think Argentina is happy because even if they get thumped by the USA, they still get to play for a medal in the bronze medal game.

DD

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Classical game! Definitely the best game in this tournament so far!

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The best 4 teams are in the semifinals, I think we will see Scola crushing Gasol in the bronze medal game. :D

And USA winning the gold

11. julietlover

julietlover New Member

The semifinals are the only things i wanna watch.

12. Yao-Yi

Yao-Yi New Member

Spanolis lose the matchball,OMG!

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The reason why we focus on this so much is that most of us can't stand Spanoulis. He whined like a little girl when he didn't get "starter's minutes" on the Rockets, when he hadn't proved anything in the NBA. He could have been a great fit for us, but he blew it. Of course, he got us Scola, so for that we should be grateful. But I always feel resentment every time I watch him play- same for Pippen with the Blazers. The 4th quarter meltdown in game 7 of the 2000 WCF was classic.

14. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

And he made JVG feel a lot more like a genius by committing 5 of the team's 13 turnovers as well let alone miss that three-point shot at the end.

As far as Olympic Basketball and V-Span is concerned, our focus on him is over now, and it will now turn to Scola even though it's Team USA he'll be playing against next, but so will the defense of Team USA. We expect the defense of Team USA to focus on Manu Ginobili as well.