1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QHD Monitors?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Dec 3, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Hey guys, I've been looking at upgrading my monitor for the longest time. I have a 27" 1080p HP debranded LCD monitor. It's great and all, but it's nowhere near as sharp as my 21.5" LED that I had prior. However, the size difference is just AMAZING. I was wondering if those QHD monitors that are 27" 2560 x 1440 are worth getting. I'd really love to have one for my Gaming Rig and push beyond 1080p. I have a gtx 670 so I feel like I am holding my card back.

Can anyone justify the cost of these monitors $300-500 for an offbrand one, and $700-1000 for a name brand one? I'm looking on eBay at some crossover, Qnix, Xstar, etc. and I just dont wanna drop $350 on something that'll crap out on me. I'm so tempted!

Any advice/ output/ experience would be much appreciated!

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

i have the dell u2713hm and my 560ti push it fine on medium for bf4. i paid about $450 for it and i think its worth shelling out a bit more for a dell rather than a no name incase something goes wrong. some people will always whine about the response time/no 120hz for dells but i've never had any issues moving to LCD from CRT way back.

1 person likes this.
  3. LCAhmed

Thanks for the input bro. Anybody else?

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

My iMac has a 1440p Cinema Display which is beautiful. But even those Korean monitors are just as good, I think they're worth it if you're looking to edit video and/or game. The Dell Ultrasharp monitors are awesome too. I just saw a deal this past weekend on a 1440p Korean monitor on Slickdeals. From everything I've read about Korean monitors, they're pretty solid.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/108...nel-pro-w-displayport-390-zero-g-slim-monitor

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't know if they're still available, but Microcenter had these Auria 27" displays for I think 399. Supposedly they were the same panels used by Apple. And the biggest plus was that Microcenter allowed you to hook it up before leaving so you can check for dead pixels or any other imperfections.

6. LCAhmed

I am so tempted at getting one shipped from Amazon for like $350 or so.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I would definitely go with a 1440p. I wouldn't even bother with the expensive ones, just go straight for the korean ips monitors.