1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QB or NOT QB.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Let’s draft Harrison Jr and Manning and recreate the Manning to Harrison combo again

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm not a scout. It is up to Caserio to decide if he is going to draft Young or another QB. I'm sure if scouts say he is Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray, they may draft him. CJ Stroud is the other option now. There may be others.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You straight up said Young wasn’t the better prospect. Why would you post this if you admittedly know nothing about Levis? It’s definitely not “scouts” saying it.

But are you calling your shot on Bryce? You seem to be pretty sure his chances of having a successful NFL career are slim to none.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are not paying attention. I never said Levis was a better prospect. I was talking about Stroud.

I said: "Bryce is 5'10, without the quickness of Murray and a young Russell Wilson. I'm not drafting a QB that size without speed or quickness in the top 10."

"What I'm saying, NFL people may look at Will Lewis as a better NFL QB prospect because he has better measurables.

Is Lewis a better QB now? Hell No.

CJ Stroud is the QB the Texans would be looking at."

"He (Young) is not the better prospect because of the height/quickness/speed. The ability to play the position is based on physical aspects also. The thing he is great at in college will be affected because the NFL is bigger/faster and stronger." I'm comparing to Stroud. Should have been clear.

Young has the arm and process to play in the NFL. No Doubt. The physical size is a HUGE issue. 3 QBs in 40 years. That is alot of history. That's why Caserio gets paid the big bucks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I can name more then just “3” QBs who had the physical traits your referring to that are out of the league right now.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are intentionally ignoring what i'm saying. In the last 40 NFL seasons, Only 3 QB's that are 5'11'' or smaller have had successful careers in the NFL. I don't care you care if you can name 100 QB's that 6'0'' and above that have been BUST. There are HUNDREDS. That is not the point. The point is, unless the QB is just a SPECIAL talent, being 5'11 or smaller is a HUGE risk (more than your normal QB risk) for an NFL team to take at the top of the draft. It is the reason Russell Wilson went in the 1st round. If he was 6'0, he would have been a #1 pick. Kyler Murray is a special talent with his arm, speed, and quickness. Nick Caserio and crew will have to evaluate Young (and other QBs) and determine if he will be successful in the NFL. I don't know, you don't know. That is why Nick gets the big bucks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lol. Keep spinning…

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

"What I'm saying, NFL people may look at Will Levis as a better NFL QB prospect because he has better measurables."

Make sure you quote the related post.

None of it is my opinion. I know nothing about Levis. I've seen Stroud play and I think he is a very good Prospect. NFL scouts fall in love with measurables, right or wrong.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bryce Young may be a GREAT QB in the NFL, our opinions do not matter. It is up to the Texans to determine if he is going to be the guy they gamble on.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

But Joe burrow has small hands..

Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Been an OSU fan my whole life.. please don’t draft an osu qb. It just doesn’t work. I don’t care if this is the best one yet, they have all been amazing and they have all failed, I guess jury still out on fields… but is it really? Also scared of young. Not just his size and lack of speed, but bama qbs haven’t worked either, max Jones looking like one of the best. Maybe hurts?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is Deion’s son considered a future prospect? Having a helluva year as a sophomore

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think it’s silly to write off Mills after 2 games. Honest question, did Mills have these sideline throw issues last year? Maybe it’s just an anomaly that will work it’s way out. Also, maybe Pep is just not good at the OC job. Why not roll Mill’s out more? I’m just not going to write him off just yet. We have this whole year to figure it out.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If the Texans are looking at a QB in the next draft, it is Stroud. Someone says "OSU QBs......in the NFL...". It is not like most Bama QBs light up the league. It is easy to look GREAT as a Bama QB with that talent. Yes, Tua looks like he has found it. Mac Jones still could go either way.

Stoud looks like the real deal...watching him against Wisconsin.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stroud has more talent at receiver than any QB in college football

Omihall23 and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You still have to get it to them. He has yet throw an INT this season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He has more talent around him than any other QB, what he’s doing is what is expected.
    There are several other QBs doing as well, with less talent

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Uh huh.
    Well that may be, Stroud is currently the #1 QB on the board.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Umm, no he’s not. He is by some scouting services but Young is number 1 on quite a few too.
    Doesn’t change the fact that Stroud is an unathletic pocket QB that has the benefit of elite surrounding cast

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

"Unathletic"? Ok.......I don't know who u are watching. He is a pocket passer, which describes most QBs in the NFL.