1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Q&A With Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 10, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All that will change once Jones starts stomping the competition.

2. Ultimate6thMan

LOL....well played sir.

3. gah

gah Member

Patrick Beverley is a consummate professional, I hope he retires a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Homeless people aren't competition.

5. GIGO

GIGO Member

'Hoop Reality' gets dream postscript
    Documentary film captures Beverley's difficult road to NBA

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So Morey only wants point guards with their own movies.

7. verysimplejason

Bev's a very good backup but he's not a starter material as some here thinks he's gonna be. But I believe he's a very good role player that will greatly lift the Rockets' bench overall. Giving him 20+ minutes won't be bad.

8. zzpot

zzpot Member

LOL....

9. SunsRocketsfan

It really depends on the system. If we got phil in here and ran the triangle, pbev is a much better fit than jlin. See derek fisher... Jack ass douche bag fish probably wouldnt start for anyone but he was the right fit for the system

10. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Great. Happy to hear Bev is feeling good and ready to roll.

For people going nuts about the PG situation. There was Phoenix Suns team in the late 1990's that had Kevin Johnson, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash on it.

Things will work themselves out. Regardless of what is said, who is rooted for, etc.

Just let things play themselves out, would be my advice.

This team has a tremendous amount of talent on it. I can't wait for training camp to start, let alone the season.

11. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

^ Should have added this for newer basketball fans.

So, that Suns team had three borderline- or Hall Of Fame point guards on it. There were thoughts and concerns about "Who was 'the guy' at PG?", all of that. It doesn't really matter. Things will take care of themselves on the court and in the minds of the coaches and the front office, regardless of who I root for or who anyone else roots for or against.

The best thing that can happen with this team is if the point guard position goes from a weakness to a strength. So, if we have two excellent point guards rather than 0, that's huge. And maybe Brooks has a resurgence and maybe Canaan is ready to contribute right away. Those things would be great for the team, and reduce the list of "question mark" positions down to just PF.

If Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin can both play and be starters in this league -- and I think they can be -- they will get their chance. Hopefully (in my mind), both will be with Houston and both will contribute to Rockets success.

12. steady

steady Member

I hope PatBev is around for a long time. Good article.

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'm gonna have to check out that documentary. Great to see Bev realizing his dreams.

14. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

http://instagram.co

You don't know what you ate talking about. It wlll be the other way around. You are such a hater

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

So 2 now we got 2 overhyped pgs sounds like pure folly. Sorry i am just being cautious. Nothing idiotic about. The verdict is still out there, lets see this coming season .

16. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

I see it the other way around. Lin has been working his but off in the off season.

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

Wow, such a sensible post. I'm guessing none of the LDQs from either side will listen. (Lin Drama Queens)

18. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

Great interview!

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The thing is whether or not Lin is a good positional defender (he has great feet and hand positioning and understanding of angles) McHale wants our pg to harrass the opposing pg, so Lin needs to work on pressuring the pg more. Bev is a good defender but it is relatively easier to get by him as he too close to the pg and misses the angle often, so he needs to learn more positional defense. I hope both will work on their defense.

20. verysimplejason

Giving love to Bev isn't a bad idea. It's your sniping on Lin that's bad or you didn't understand that? The MOD made it pretty clear already.