1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A With Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 10, 2013.

1. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

aren't LOFs the ones that take jabs at several Rocket players though.
    Beverly- Why does he do so good? Be bad for Lin to succeed and keep his starting job.
    Harden- Why are you so efficient and why do you try to steal Lin's thunder?
    Parsons- Why do you try to facilitate when Lin is the PG?
    Asik- Grab those passes so Lin can get those assists.

and we all know about McHale.

1 person likes this.
  2. gengar

gengar Member

First of all, we're not LOF, because that is spelled out as Lin Only Fan. Many of us Lin fans like other rockets players. Only the extreme ones out of us (who can truly be called LOF) bash other Rockets players. It's this extreme xenophobia that puts many of us off. It's okay to start liking a team because of a certain player. That's how many teams get their fans originally.

So are all Lin fans all responsible for the few crazy Lin fans that say extreme negative comments about other Rockets players? No we're not responsible for what they say. Someone who talked to me about this issue said that we're responsible because we don't stop them - okay, why are we required to come into a thread everytime and stop an extreme Lin fan comes in and starts bad-mouthing other players? Do you guys assume we're all related to those few? We must all live in the same town, and get on clutchfans at the same hour, and look at the same thread because we're all Lin fans right? This has to stop

1 person likes this.
  3. gengar

gengar Member

On a side note, to those above people you mentioned, the only person I really have beef with is Mchale. Yes, other Lin fans despise him because he limits Lin a lot. But some non-Lin fans last season also didn't like him because of his questionable calls and time-outs. The main reason why I don't like him is because I believe a coach shouldn't single-out a specific player in a public interview. That's conveying distrust in your own player, something I don't agree with. Anyway, next season will really tell whether he's an effective coach or not.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have seen nothing from Beverly that makes him more "deserving" than Lin as the starting pg for this team. Anyone who believes that Beverly will be the starting pg next season is trolling to instigate LOFs or are delusional.

BTW... Beverly's defense is extremely overrated here. He attended the Tony Douglas School of Defense and majored in flailing arms and legs around to create an appearance of "good" defense.

1 person likes this.
  5. alethios

alethios Member

When that doesn't work, you "sweep the leg".
    [​IMG]

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I understand that, and I'm just trying to explain why Lin gets bad rep here. You are right not everyone is crazy and delusional but the ones that are really give Lin a bad name. Alot of Rocket fans really like Lin, and the people that say Bev will start are just trying to instigate hate and I just made my post to explain why they say it

7. RememberSura

RememberSura Member

no questions on Lin suprised me

8. jackycool

jackycool Member

Dude, just let them be. If they annoy you put them on your ignore list. This is getting out of hand when we can't even talk abut other players on the roster, where is absolutely no mention of Lin.

Back on topic, glad to see Beverley working hard getting strength and working on conditioning. He is great player to have on this team.

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Nice read.

Patrick staying hungry. Bringing that defensive attitude is only a plus for this team. Also anxious to see what Reggie Williams can bring.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Starters take the lead, Bev/Brewer/Garcia/Jones/Asik/ defense locks it down. Om nom

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

There both better then lin?

12. kcd

kcd Member

Your reasoning doesn't excuse them, just as the more delusional Lin fans either. There's just the opposite of the coin. People can express all the love they want of Bev, no one is telling them not to, but to continue to constantly bash another player to do it, is just like those Lin fans you mentioned.

13. jocar

jocar Member

Dudes need to stop trippin out every time someone doesn't think as highly of Lin as you do. Fchowd,gengar.. that insecure fanboy crap is tired. There are non-Rockets announcers and writers in the NBA that say the exact same things about Beverley too, ya know?

14. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

Is this where clutch comes and calls you a bad poster?

15. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

I thought the thread discussion was on PB?! smh

Sorry, wrong thread then :(

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Seriously Jocar, no disrespect. BEV is nice, but BEV is seriously overhyped to the point of Linsainty now. Go on hype BEV more, at his expense.

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

He may be overhyped (due to Lin's untimely injury and his hustle on national TV against Westbrook et. al), but come on that's tad bit of a hyperbole there.

He's not getting highlight reels on SC daily, booked for all the late-night talk shows, or even getting a movie made about his rise from un-drafted to NBA regular.

He just gets overhyped and overrated as does the majority of team sport athletes by their own team's fans the world over. Good to see him putting in his work, though. Staying hungry is a mandatory ingredient to winning Championships.:cool:

18. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Beverley is a solid backup pg. To compare him to Rondo is silly. Rondo is a starting pg on a championship team and is a assist monster with incredible penetration skill. What aspect of Beverley is like Rondo?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who is your starting PF?

20. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

PB to be fair is a high energy ball pressuring defender. But that doesn't stop the other pg from scoring big against him. OKC's backup pg did just that repeatedly for 20+ score against him. So to crown him as the defensive captain is a stretch. Asik should have that title. He is a solid backup pg and unless he shows that he has great court vision, can penetrate and have good assist per game as Lin, PB should remain the backup pg.