1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A with Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 12, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're going to be a great asset to clutchfans, welcome!

2. highlander3128

What if Lin still starts the coming season? Will you go away?

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

hard to say...

wouldn't blame him. of course not. you can't blame players for wanting to be in a better situation BUT from what i know of him, he hates losing and wants to win first and foremost. i know every player says that but based on his actions he really means it.

so i would think he wouldn't want to be traded because this is his best chance at winning the whole thing. most players go through their whole careers without a legitimate chance at winning a ring. you can't pass up this opportunity. and who's to say if he's traded it would be a better situation? he doesn't get to pick where he wants to be traded to, and i know it would suck for him to be the best player on a team that has nobody and struggles to get into the playoffs (see kyrie irving).

if he really wants to explore his options, it doesn't hurt to stay for 2 more years and do that when his contract is up and he's a free agent. in the meantime, put in your work and try to win a ring. like i said, most players never gets that opportunity.

4. Freelance

Freelance Member

Looks like a troll to me. He will go away when Lin is traded or somehow not playing for the Rockets anymore. He will even be here when PB is traded.

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

PatBeverleyFan is not really a fan of Beverley but an account created to troll Lin fans. And he sounds and posts just like another troll Roxlove with the racist Asian pictures, but I don't think Roxlove ever got banned.:rolleyes:

6. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Sorry, but I've been following him closely since his Harvard days and have to disagree. Lin absolutely abhors losing with a passion, but there's one thing he hates more and that's being marginalized. He would love to be in the kind of situation that Wall and Irving are in. I bet he believes he can do better than they can - not at dunking or shooting 3's but helping his team win more games. If everyone believed that already, he'd be perfectly content staying in Houston, but let's face it. Less than 0.000001% of the basketball world believes that right now. I mean, come on. All those games when Melo and Harden were out...they had to be flukes. Right?

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I do understand as there have been idiots talking out of their butt in defense of Lin calling people racist etc. there have even been idiots in here talking about what is good for Lin instead of the Rockets or talking smack about H-Town and Texans in general. I get that.
    On the flip side, however, for someone who supports the Rockets, though I am a big fan of Lins game, it's just as frustrating to watch people talk smack for pages and when I get in there to make a counterpoint, end up being called not a true Rockets fan, a fanboy, etc.
    I get where Clutch comes from, I get that my post was dumb but never do I not support the Rockets and all our players. All I do is tout the awesomeness of Harden, Asik, Parsons, Bev, etc until some idiot or other constantly hates on one of my favorite players. What kind of true fan would I be, just standing around letting people talk so much crap? IF someone talked smack about Jarden, Parsons or Bev in the same malicious manner I would be writing counter arguments against that as well. You can count on that. But the trend is to group everyone who defends Lin as bring a bet negative on this site, it seems. That kinda sucks cuz we have something really special here this year and can reclaim the title of Clutch City with pride again. #feelinglikeitsunfair

8. raskol

That is my bad. I apologize.

9. raskol

That is my bad. I apologize. I will try to refrain myself better.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are going to rip Lin apart. There are idiots on both sides. The question is, are you a mature poster capable of ignoring them, or are you going to join the idiot circle.

You see, if you engage or bait the idiots - whether they are Lin fan boys or Lin haters - then you become one. In fact, the people complaining about them are nearly as bad as them.

Guys can't take it personally when Lin is going to get criticized. Look, it's nothing new on this board for a starter to get ripped apart. Francis, T-mac, Yao, Battier, VSPAN, Rafer, Wesley, Taylor, 2Pat, and many more have been brutalized here. It's not personal. It's just the way fans are.

And I defend Lin a lot - no one ever calls me a Lin fan boy! You know why, because I ignore most of it. I don't defend Lin every time. Nor do I get defensive about it. Nor do I jump on legit criticism. Jeremy Lin is a grown man - he doesn't need anyone to defend him. Sometimes people criticize guys because they are frustrated with a player and they want to express it.

My advice to anyone here is to take anything anyone writes with 2 grains of salt. In other words, do not get worked up too much about it - take the higher road. The more it annoys you, the more you should probably just ignore it.

1 person likes this.
  11. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

tinman your references in this thread have put a smile on the face, from breaking bad to comparing LOF's to mario chalmers, now CREAM, excellent wits on display here

1 person likes this.
  12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Agreed, I myself have stopped posting in almost all lin related threads just because almost all discussions there has been discussed, same people saying the same things...

I also have ingnored all troll like comments either from Lin Fans or Lin Haters... unless they become really offense then I just flag them...

people really need to stop responding to troll like posts, and you will see them go away... they usually troll because people, especially the lin fans, kept responding to them they really enjoy that...

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Years from now the days of Lin being on this team will be folklore for CF greatness

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I never had interest in it either. All my friends watched it when they were younger and some still do till this day. Eh.

15. coffeelover665

It's a lot more simpler when you just completely ignore the person inciting an online riot and stay on topic. If the discussion starts getting personal, then eject, no use wasting your precious time getting angry by an individual probably 1000 miles away on an online board.

16. jocar

jocar Member

This is huge. Emotion is such a double edged sword for Jeremy. When he's pumped and the crowd is cheering him on, he can really light it up. But when his shots aren't dropping or he isn't emotionally invested, he seems vulnerable and/or passive (relative to most NBA players). I think his fickle confidence and his emotions are the main culprits to his inconsistency. It's great to know he's doing something about it.

I remember some ppl in here were first in denial that he had confidence issues, then after accepting it, blaming Mchale for it. Lin, here, serves as a great role model if they'd just follow his example. And thank goodness he's obviously of an entirely different mindset than these folks. Instead of feeling sorry for himself after blaming the team, the crowd, or the coach, he (unsurprisingly) accepts responsibility for weaknesses, and tackles em head on. That shows a lot of character and maturity, unlike the dudes who suggested I was somehow a hater for pointing it out.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think it's about wanting to be traded....his contract wasn't a long one, he will be a free agent in no time and he realizes he has to prove himself over a season or more to get that deal and job security.

18. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Everyone went to Asia in summer, Harden was in Taiwan, China, so is Kobe and James Lebron, There are many more I can name of, so what's wrong with JLin to be there? You moron!

19. javajoe

javajoe Member

Great post!

20. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

This is fantastic advice. The only thing I'd point out is that all of the awkwardness around the racism issue is that some of us can ignore the sheer idiocy 99% of the time, but aren't going to let racism slide, period. Not for the people who are being racist, but for the benefit of others who might be watching and don't know any better. If the mods aren't going to do anything about it, someone should at least make it clear in a couple of posts what is going on and why it shouldn't be tolerated.

I totally appreciate and understand that it makes some people uncomfortable or that they think it may be thrown around too much casually, but there are clear instances of racism on these boards which are being let go (while Clutch apparently still has the time to make potshot posts at the Lin fans who make unnecessary sarcastic posts).

But if you have the normal trolls who like to repeat themselves about how Lin is going on vacation to China and isn't working hard or should be traded for a bag of beans 20 times in every thread, that stuff is pretty easy to ignore, especially if you just block those users.