1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A with Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 12, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

First off, that was a bad post. I admit that. I was looking through other threads upset at so much hate aimed at one specific player and seeing all the asinine comments go unchecked..

Then you choose my post to point out an example of a bad poster??? lol.
    Now, I do understand how that problem actually is indicative of one of the problems on this board today, but ... your explanation here speaks volumes. I know that you're not so high on Lin but is that what you really see: Someone makes constructive criticism or a light-hearted joke and crazy Lin fans muck up the GARM? That is most definitely not what's going on..

Once again though. It was a dumb post for sure as I also try to stay away from idiotic posts until the hate becomes too strong to resist refuting, but come on. I'll take the rebuke, please do the same for all the haters who derail other positive threads.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

NEVER have I seen:

1) Lin had no impact in the playoffs, he may not be playoff material..
    2) You racist!

Come on. You're being purposefully obtuse if that is what you're seeing.
    Were I to say that Parsons had no real impact or Bev didn't (I don't think that btw) people would defend against that with data, words, etc, AS THEY RIGHTFULLY SHOULD, and defend our players. But only with Lin, it seems, people cross the line toward hatred/vile rather than criticism, which is when people get sidetracked.

You are dead wrong if you think that the reality of this board is made up of constructive criticism sprinkled in with some sly jokes by true Rockets fans that go over the heads of idiotic Lin fans who mess up the conversation by crying "racism, racism!" and overreacting to every little quip.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are always in Mario chalmers mode, always trying to defend Lin.

1 person likes this.
  4. Freelance

Freelance Member

Be care you will get banned. My friend's account got banned when he replied your post and said Clutch was biased. Well, I might get banned as well. It is his site, he can say or do whatever he wants. He set his rules and you can't challenge that.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have criticized Lin in the past and been accused of being biased on racial grounds. It's frustrating. So I totally see where Clutch is coming from.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with tinman here.

No need to always defend Lin. He's a man and can handle criticism by answering his critics in the next game. Sometimes is best to just let haters hate as the saying goes.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember that wu tang song cream?

Clutch rules every active member

Remember that, and remember tupac too

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

But you know, all the other posters on this site have posted here thousands and thousands of times and been fine. When you are so obsessed with one player that you have to start calling out the site owner, it might be time to self-reflect.

However, that's not nearly as fun as playing the victim, I know it.

1 person likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You seem to feel like everyone owes you something. Why?

Lin gave a fine interview. He's a great guy and a personality I'm glad to have in the locker room. This thread is a prime example of what many of us are not fine with. You fired the first shot in this thread, against hypothetical Lin haters. The result has been several pages of debating something that didn't even need to happen in the first place.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I read a book a year or two ago called "Foundation", it's a book on core strength. Anyway in the book Derek F told how he started doing theses different workouts and how it has helped him be more athletic and improved his game.

I'm assuming that Lin is trying to do the same type of things.

11. Freelance

Freelance Member

The passion may have crossed the line. I get it.
    Selective prosecution was what got annoyed.

12. mikennite

mikennite Member

I hear sounds in my mind,:p

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No selective. Just not spending every minute of the day looking to throw the book at trolls. Everybody gets some. Some people just pay more attention to it when it fits their persecution complex.

Besides, this isn't even remotely a 50/50 noise/troll battle between worshipers and haters. Not even.

The best bet is just stay on topic and don't feed trolls. Report them.

14. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

good interview!

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

As it turns out, he was almost bang on in his prediction :cool:, see post #66 :p

16. mikennite

mikennite Member

17. PatBeverleyFan

Glad to see Lin being this motivated to come off the bench next season. Rockets bench will be scary too!

18. manning

manning Member

Tupac's the best.:)

19. Freelance

Freelance Member

I might be new here and all these Lin debates (trolls sometimes) goes overboard that we sometimes forget about the good thing - Enjoy the game.

Off season is too long and is killing me.:grin:

20. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

One thing struck me from that interview. Let me preface this by stating that it's my opinion, but I think he wants to be traded.

If you were in Lin's shoes, would you want to be traded to a team that let's you play PG or would you stick with the Rockets? I think he just wants to prove himself to the world although he may not say it. He's got quite a good win-loss record when playing as THE guy. Small sample size, I know, which is why he wants to do more of it. Can you blame him?