1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A with Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

So true.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Nice interview ... and **** it, I'll admit it, I'm a Naturo fan too. :eek:

Jeremy Lin just went up a notch in my book by being a Naruto fan. lol :grin:

3. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Well-prepared questions by JCF and refreshingly honest answers by Lin on skills to improve and his mindset about the uncertainty of trade/role in the upcoming season.

I'm hoping for the best scenario for the Rockets to win championships.

Whether the coaches find ways to utilize Harden and Lin effectively to keep the defense guessing when they're on the floor or make Lin assume the primary playmaker when Harden is resting, the number one priority should be to incorporate all the player's strength (Harden's and Lin's playmaking skills) and keep their legs fresh in the ultimate quest for championship(s).

Everyone knows it's a long season and we need deep bench and fresh legs in the playoff. Injuries and off-court issues can derail the season for any teams.

Bold prediction: Young Rockets dethroned the Heat in the Finals!

4. foofo

foofo Member

Really interested to see how much he can improve on defense. Fisher could play solid D even he was not very athletic. The same story to S.Battier, Ryan Bowen, which makes me think a good defense player relies more on skills rather than agility, athleticism, etc. Inconsistent level of defense was the main reason that his play time was taken by Douglas and Beverley in the 4th quarter last year.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fisher isnt very athletic? The whole point of the fisher reference in the Q&A was to show he moves efficiently well, which is a huge component of athleticism. Another one is strength, which he also clearly excels at.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

his interview honestly sounded like every generic interview of a popular basketball player. I don't understand why people always bump him above other players when there's been players that say this exact stuff for years.

1 person likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

exiled general JVG, once said, when asked about mcgrady and defense, that Defense is all about Energy,Effort and Excellence. If Harden even tries on D and Lin improves, bye bye NBA. Rockets 3peat. back to back 3peats.

8. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

His favourite Naruto character is Naruto. Put him on the bench.

9. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Surprise, surprise. Lin knows his own weaknesses better than we do!

10. samoy

samoy Member

what a fabulous incentive to have, to prove his worth amongst peers ... looking forward to to the challenge

11. coffeelover665

What I took from this interview

-Great insight on how he plays the pick and roll, I've learned something about basketball today.
    -last year he was focused on rehabilitating and didn't really focus on improving, so we only see him playing at a "recovered state" this season will be the season where we see how he plays after an offseason of improvement, and there will always be that chance that he'll explode with growth (like Kobe and his incorporation of post moves he learned from Hakeem. Wondered what that got him?)
    -Hes a Naruto fan (as am I)

to the people downplaying his ability to publicly speak, Id like to remind you that these are basketball players, not debate captains, therfore their ability to articulate to the public isn't needed and it's not at a very high level. I'd like to remind you guys of "Lebrons decision"

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I could be wrong, but I thought Karolik was being sarcastic.

Chandler Parsons is going to Taiwan with him too.

Jeremy showing some of that posture here! lol

[​IMG]

13. conquistador#11

yo, get that blonde chick in the back row to play pf for us! volleyball players have great balance, something demo is lacking right now! get it done, more-e!

14. PatBeverleyFan

Too bad Lin fans. Next season y'all gonna see this.

[​IMG]

15. boiler

boiler Member

Now this is a fine example of good posters.

16. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

lmfao BOF!!!

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Strength? I can't help but to post this:

[​IMG]

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Totally unwarranted statements, Dude. Show us a quote. His focus on the present could mean any number of things. Maybe he is too focused on writing his testimonial about God. Maybe he is preoccupied with his endorsement schedule. Maybe he has a Zen-like focus on the present.

Give us a quote, for example "I have no idea where I will be six months from now."

Incidentally, his connection of endorsements with doing God's work almost made me vom., but I liked the interview overall.

19. devin23

devin23 Member

Holy S***. Those girls are tall!

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Volleyball team it seems