1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A With J.B. Bickerstaff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 27, 2013.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn you're quick...

2. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Thanks, JR. I love me some Bickerstaff :grin:

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

When you crazy quick, man quick ain't fair. :p

It was twelve minutes old.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Imma take you down one day Duke aka John Wayne..lol

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I was about to make this thread but i opened a new tab and went to the page and i saw you just put this up so its a good thing i didn't make this thread lol

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So he says James Harden is our PF

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

J.R. that was some good stuff.

Now if they start off slow a lot of fans will not understand why. JBB breaks it down when asked: do you think that process here will be aided by the fact that many of these pieces – again, theoretically – should mesh so well?

JCF: This is all still hypothetical of course, but do you think that process here will be aided by the fact that many of these pieces – again, theoretically – should mesh so well? One of the big challenges Miami faced was figuring out how to get the most out of two guys who were traditionally at their best with the ball in their hands. Here you’ve got a great pick-and-roll player in James Harden and another very good one in Jeremy Lin playing with an elite roll man in Dwight Howard. You have a ton of guys who can space the floor and play multiple positions. So the theoretical fit seems like it may at least expedite the process somewhat.

JBB: I agree. The pieces should go well together. If you were putting a puzzle together, the pieces should lay next to each other and complete the whole. I think it will be easier because of that. But again, until they get on the court together, until it happens, you just never know for sure.

And there are still certain things like timing that have to be worked out. Yeah, we play the pick-and-roll, but certain guys like to do different things in the pick-and-roll. Certain guys like to get the ball in certain spots in the pick-and-roll so until they figure those things out there may be some rough spots here and there. It’s going to take time and repetition and doing things over and over again.

The way we played the pick-and-roll with Omer last year may be different than the way we play pick-and-roll with Dwight so now James and Jeremy will have to get comfortable. The guys around them will need to get acclimated to ensure they’re in the right spots at the right time. If we are playing big with two bigs on the floor together, them playing off one another may take some time to sort out.

There’s a lot of little things that are going to take a while for us to get used to. Some things will come easier than others. But all of it, whether it comes easily or hard, requires time and repetition to master and perform at a championship level.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He said he played PF against OKC after the trade went down..LOL

9. alethios

alethios Member

we had the shortest center (Chuck Hayes), why not the shortest PF? I think Barkley is only 6' 6", but he carried an extra 30 lbs, too.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I would prepare for a slow start, which is something that is probably not talked about enough. That may be the difference between a top 3 finish or top 5, maybe even worse.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Shouldn't that be Duke aka John Rayne seeing as our quickie man is J.R.?

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'm actually optimistic. Having multiple playmakers or offense-starters may lead to a lot of deference and hesitation as we saw with Lin last year who deferred way too much leading to Harden taking over completely, which is not what we envisioned (I envisioned a double penetration tandem). But, a defensive big is a different story. I expect Lin and Harden to gel better together this year and as long as Dwight realizes that offensively we were already good and defense is where he can most help us it's going to be great. If he asks for touches in the post like Yao, we may be in trouble the rest of the way not just the beginning of the season. Like Kidd demanding 10+ assists from Deron, I hope our staff demands rebounds, defense, and blocks first and foremost from Dwight. Frankly speaking I don't have enough faith in our coaching staff to tell Dwight his exact role as needed for the team, especially considering that McHale was a post-master and may give too much leeway to Dwoght to post up and slow down our potent offense from last year. Either way, I think our talent is greater than people generally tend to think. We have the talent to contend and win. We really do. We shall see. Out of

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope he doesn't bicker with the rest of the staff too much.

14. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

someone should let him know that Hoopshype and our resident know-it-alls have already concluded this is ultimately doomed.