1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putting the Debate to BED

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hak34, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Alex Ovechkin is officially the worlds best hockey player. No he doesn't have his title yet, he is still young.

Im sorry for all the Crosby apologists, and yes Crosby had the better team last year, but you are not even really that close in my eyes. Its kinda like comparing Mario to Gretzky. Though both great in their own ways, Gretzky was simply better.

1 person likes this.
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is this some type of "hockey" thread?

3. thadeus

thadeus Member

I believe I have heard of this "hockey" that you speak of.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

hell yes man. Hopefully OV can prove it this year in the playoffs! It should be an epic series if it comes to that

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

sports played on slippy ice. i love it

6. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Member

I had a hockey record once, I was the only guy to ever take my skate off and try to stab a guy.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Brightside

hey guys, can someone bump that fatty fast food thread?

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. PointForward

PointForward Member

I had a hockey once, it didn't feel good at all.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hak34, I don't know how much hockey you know, but Mario was AMAZING, on par with Grezky!!! The man played with back issues and also had to battle cancer (makes tracy mcgrady seem like a pussycat doll!), yet he still averaged nearly 2 points a game for his career!!!!!!(The man had 199 points in one season, 212 was Gretzky's highest). There has been nobody as good as these two, Gretzky/Mario, ever... however I can see Ovechkin maybe being mentioned with those two some day.

As far as the Ovi and Crosby comparison, Ovechkin is by far a better player, there is no question about it. Also Crosby at least has Malkin, Ovi doesn't really have anyone to carry the load with him, he's the lone star on the team. The man missed a month this season yet still has 86 points :eek: , that's defintely quite a feat.....

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

should have said this was a hockey thread in the title. then everyone could have intentionally ignored it, rather than accidentally clicked on it...

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

First of all, THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. :eek:

Second of all and, most importantly, he is not even 25 yet and will commandeer more playoff teams for possibly one more entire decade. He might bring another gold medal to Russia. That's saying a lot, but they have a powerful team again, which has not seen since the 90's.

I've been following Ovechkin since my daughter gave me a poster of him that I hung in my office. He also participates in many charity events and contributes to the community.

13. Landlord Landry

Thanks hak34, I was getting irritated with all those previous Ovechkin/Crosby debate threads.

1 person likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

No offense Mr. Chino, I'm not a fan of your drinks but I really like your pants.

15. Starvela

Starvela Member

I'm a huge hockey fan and I must say AO is a beast..He's already the most exciting/electrifying hockey player ever, and in my opinion, if had played in the early to mid 80's, he would averge 70-80 goals per year easy!!

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Member

Actually Gretzky's highest was 215 - and he had over 200 points four times. Mario may have had a better career if he wasn't hurt all the time - but the fact is that he didn't. In NBA terms, give McGrady a couple of championships and you have Mario.

Wayne Gretzky, on the other hand, would be a combination of Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain - and he did it with the equivalent of Steve Nash's body. He stands above the game like a colossus - and we won't see his like again.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Lemieux is way better than Gretzky. Lemieux was able to get 199pts on a mediocre lineup while Gretzky has a offensive dynasty teammates.

19. Beck

Beck Member

Obviously, Wayne Gretzky is a legend. But that doesn't mean Lemieux is just another guy. 700 goals and 1000 assists, 2 Stanley Cups, 2nd all time in points per game, 3rd highest goals per game in NHL history. He was a beast, no doubt. Gretzky was great, maybe the best ever.

As far as an NBA comparison, a much better comparison to Lemieux would be Hakeem. Yeah, I said it.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Isn't this like arguing who is the best lumberjack or who is the best corn shucker?