1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

putting francis' critics to rest.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tbui, Mar 19, 2004.

1. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

I'm just glad to hear that there are still some Franchise fans left in Houston, I was feeling kinda lonely.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

After briefly skimming over this thread, and the fact that its 3AM, all I will add is I have no idea why anyone is even bothering to argue with Clutch and Aelliot. They have completely obliterated and humiliated every argument set forth. Hell, the few doubts even I had before reading this thread are now gone.

There are so many angles you can look at this thing and have it point toward trading Francis that it's ridiculous.

1. He has no point guard abilities
    2. That value/credit/money is better spent elsewhere
    3. His strengths are not optimized in this system
    4. His weaknesses are exposed
    5. His weaknesses are what this team needs most
    6. Everyone agrees this team will go where Yao takes it - build around him

and on and on. I don't know why this is even a debate.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Now replace Francis with Ray Allen's career 40% 3pt shooting. BTW, Ray Allen is having a career year in scoring, rebounding and assists in Seattle.

Ray's contract is up after next season. I dont think he wants to sign long term with them and I dont think they want to put a lot of money in him anyway since they have young rising stars in Rashard Lewis, Flip Murray and Luke Ridnour.

Now is the team to go after Allen! His consistancy, basketball IQ, scoring, and ability to put teams on his back on nights when perhaps Yao might be off would be huge for this team. Allen and Yao wouldnt be quite like Kobe and Shaq, but you get the idea.

BTW, Allen and Brent Barry are VERY good friends...if we can trade Francis for Allen, we might have a SERIOUS shot at getting Barry with the MLE.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I stand corrected on him not starting
    BUT
    With Allen and Rashard on the team
    he *is* the third option
    instead of the 1st or second

Rocket River