1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put your hands together (Season Appreciation)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mnkyman, May 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

GREAT SEASON HOUSTON ROCKETS! I'm proud!!!

2. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

it's been a great ride~
    thanks for every rocket
    lets keep it up next season

for now, bball season is over for me~

3. jackflag

jackflag Member

I know laker fans are the last people you want to hear from right now, but just wanted to say congrats on the season. I didnt learn anything about the Rockets from this series that I didn't already know, and thats a compliment. If someone invented senzu beans and made Yao and Tracy both 100% healthy you might have the best team in the nba.

(should have posted up Scola more. thanks for not doing it though)

Rooting for Denver will be fun for you guys, but hopefully we dissapoint you again.

4. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

checked!

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

thank you houston rockets!

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Any player is subject to injuries, some bodies just don't handle them well. And how is it fair to be ok with one player being injury prone but not the other? Tmac came back to soon which caused him to miss the entire season. Yea he might not have rehabbed like he was suppose to but I feel like he's learned something out of all this. Either way he's our best playmaker and someone we can count on late in the game(when he's fully healthy). As long as he comes back strong next year, healthy and ready to play with this team whether it be to win a championship or get a contract the next year, idc as long we get the Ws. We'll worry about the financial aspect of things at the end of the season.

7. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

Next year we will get them!

8. Mr. Space City

9. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

keep the senzu beans for yourselves gasol and bynum will need alot of that against real centers from now on and LBJ will rock you if you even get that far (in other words keep some for kobe don't eat all of them)

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Just like you I want him to come back strong, healthy, and ready to play, but these are some strong words to be used on tmac.

11. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

Great Season. Comeback strong next year!

12. jackflag

jackflag Member

heh

will do

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Best season of the Yao era. The injuries are way past getting old; they're just a given now. Not much choice but to get back on the YaoMac roller coaster and see if we can't end up semi-healthy at the right time. I enjoyed having Ron Artest around the team, but I won't be disappointed if he isn't re-signed. It's no coincidence the team was tougher for having him, but he's not a great shooting guard. I have no expectation that TMac will be anything more than he was this season. He's done, and everyone knows it. I think he's impossible to trade, but Morey's shut my mouth before. Yao Ming is Yao Ming. I was encouraged by his relative health this season, but he's fragile and always will be. It's troubling, but there's nothing to be done. When he's on the court, he's great.

Like every season not ending in a championship, this one ended in disappointment, but there were so many great moments this season. It was incredible to see the city jump on the bandwagon and back the team; I heard people talking about the Rockets in the pharmacy, at my job, in bars, everyplace. Pretty incredible for a year in which TMac was AWOL. I know I wasn't alone in writing the postseason off after Yao was hurt, but we got two more GREAT wins to enjoy. This is a team we can be proud of, win or lose. I look forward to watching Daryl Morey go to work once more this offseason. He's not one to EVER stop tweaking and I know it'll be more of the same.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

GET the F* out of here.... JK. but somehow comments coming out of Laker fans' mouth just dont sound right

15. jtran

jtran Contributing Member

Thanks for a great season and series Rockets! Way to come through with nothing but heart, grit, toughness and determination when everybody (except most of us of course), including the stupid, L.A.-loving media (like Mark Jackson for example), counted you out! Already looking forward to next year when Yao and T-Mac (or whoever he gets traded for) hold up the O'Brien trophy for winning the NBA championship!!

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

rofl @ mark jackson he should ask for a job that wash kobe's underwears only

17. droxford

droxford Member

Reflecting on the season...
    • Big props to Battier, Scola, Artest, Brooks, Landry, Lowry, and Hayes for a much-better-than-expected effort.

• This whole "our stars keep getting injured" thing is getting really really really old.

• Wish we'd gotten a championship for Mutombo. Makes me sick to think about how close we came, but fell short.

• I was getting McGrady's back right up to the point where he picked the Lakers to win instead of his own teammates. I don't like him now and honestly don't want him on the team any more. The only way this will change is if he shows me that he still has great talent, heart and ambition to improve the Rockets.

• Adelman is an absolutely fantastic coach and I have no doubt that he can take a HEALTHY Rockets team to a championship.

• Daryl Morey has also done a fantastic job. I trust him and I'm looking forward to seeing what adjustments he has in store for this team.

• In that last series, the Rockets' biggest mistake was when we lost in game 3.

• I still hate the Lakers and wish upon them the same ijury misfortune (or worse) as the Rockets encountered.

18. subzor

subzor Member

team played w/ heart...

especially for those that went down... deke, yao

19. Strato

Strato Member

Very Proud !!!!!!

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

One hell of a season. Fantastic job, everyone!