1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put T mac on this team in place of harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paulnhbtx, May 24, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only fact is that tmac would never lead the rockets as far as james harden.

Ever. There's a zero percent chance.
    Til the end of time.

There's a better chance of finding a wormhole to another universe than tmac ever leading the rockets anywhere.

nobody should even think of tmac at this stage of the playoffs, if they do, then they are jealous of harden.

Period.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oscar Robertson
    MJ
    T-Mac
    Moses
    Wilt Chamberlain

--> Rockets win!

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady: One 40 point playoff game as a Rocket.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And zero in the Western Conference Finals! Weird, right?

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I dunno about all the rings, but we def would have gotten out the first round. Facts are facts, this team has much better supporting cast members than any of Tmac's teams.

I'm also interested to know what a Yao/Harden combo would have been like. I think Howard and Tmac would have been a much deadlier combo. Tmac had such great vision, he could find Howard for dunks all day.

I do and always will love Tmac. But Harden has made this team what it is and replacing him is unthinkable. I wouldn't even consider the thought of trading Harden with a prime Kobe or MJ. What's the point? These are 2k fantasy discussions. Harden and Mac are very similar, but very different.

6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I sorry but correct me if I am wrong, did T-Mac ever get out of the first round?

The answer would be NOPE.. DUH

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

What if I put Harden on TMac's team, or Yao on Dwight's team, or Dwight on Yao's team, or Francis on Lin's team or Pippen on Brewer's team or Othella on Josh Smith's team or Moses Malone on DMo's team or...

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man we all know this. LOL

A healthy Tmac and Howard would be deadly together as well. But it's a mute topic because it will never happen.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That dude was so much better than Harden. Do you remember when he carried his team into round 2 every single time he was in the playoffs? Me either. He couldn't win with Vince Carter in his prime or Yao Ming. Soft. If you replaced the 1995 version on Chucky Brown with TMac, the Rockets would only have one world championship. Bounty soft, I say, bounty soft.

[​IMG]

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden/Yao would crush TMac/Howard

and I am a big Howard fan.. . . . . ..
    Yao >> Howard
    Harden > TMac

HEART!!!!1

Rocket River

11. tinman

Supporting Member

There is no fact that if you plug and play mcgrady in any situation that he would do anything.

That's not fact, that imagination.

Like when you daydream and think that you have mutant powers or you can play basketball against cartoon characters

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Fact tmac only played 20 playoff games as a rocket

Hakeem played in 140.

That means Hakeem has seven times more playoff games.

That is a legend.

Why do you jealous people not pick plugging and playing Hakeem?

Cause you are jealous

13. kanggang

kanggang Member

it wasn't tmac's fault that he was in his prime with a terrible team (ORL) or in a series that was rigged (2005 against DAL). But there is definitely some fault in him being injury prone in the seasons at HOU past his prime, especially given taht his playing style was more of a jump shooter rather than someone like a wade or rose. I'd guess Tmac definitely had problems with how he handled training. I don't think Harden has that problem. I sure hope not

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would rather have Paul Peirce than TMac

Peirce in his prime was MAYBE [and i am being generous here in favor of TMAC] . . .a bit less than TMAC in skill . .. but he was 10 times the player in HEART

It is a classic example of HEART >>> SKILL

Pierce >>> TMAC

Rocket River

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Period? Yet you are still posting.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

McGrady was a great player carried our team above there talent level, Harden is as good if not better. Can't we just live it at that instead of started this **** all the ****ing time.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Period means you that's the statement that is truest of all.

Put tmac on this team? Morey tried to trade him for vince carter and finally traded him for a bunch of scrubs

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

you dont think he'd do better with another allstar calibre player who got abused by BoozKur?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

McGrady fans will never stop what if-ing til their i an f keys fall off their keyboard.
    They are so jealous, look and search back for lebron and kevin Durant threads, that pulled this same what if with them.

It started with kobe because they hated him , then it's pretty every great player who leads teams to playoff success.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude chose his destiny everytime. He chose to leave vince carter, leave the magic, and leave the rockets, and Atlanta too.