1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put Jalen Green in the MIDDLE of the floor... as PG or otherwise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Nov 1, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Too short to be a SF, and barely tall enough to be a SG.

DD

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If this was true, then their numbers would be the same. They aren't.

They are both bad right now, but Green is worse because he does nothing at all well on offense and is even worse on defense.

He's dragging by being absolute dead weight every time he's on the court. He's the worst offensive player and worst defensive player on the team.

Pointing out that KPJ has been bad, but Green has been absolutely terrible is now "having a love boner" for KPJ? LOL, you crazy kids.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

TS% doesn't matter when you turning the ball over. lol

Corrosion likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Team net rating
    +1.5

Win shares
    +0.2

Box +/-
    +0.3

VORP
    +0.1

Raptor
    +4.3

WAR
    +0.4

Player impact estimate
    +9.5

TPA
    +0.74

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You quoted some of the part where i noted why its different, lol

6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i would rather to find out it's a post initiated by SILAS who had quit to rack his brain for too long..why on hell its always buncha fans at their wits end?!

[​IMG]

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

TS% always matters, as does eFG%.

Green bricking 3's or getting blocked at the rim are really no different than turnovers.

In the end it doesn't matter who is worse, both of our "starting" guards are playing terribly. I point out that Green is worse overall, you think KPJ is worse overall....does it really matter? It's just too bad the Rockets didn't draft a competent guard because that's by far their weakest spots.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So if you think "a few minutes" of KPJ on the court without Green there to drag things down make THAT big a difference in the numbers, doesn't that kind of boost what I was saying?

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I agree. Thank god they didn't draft Suggs.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that would be worse than what they did.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

These numbers are still early, but SO FAR

Team Net Rating

Porter AND Green(24.9 mpg) : -14.4
    Green NO Porter(7.0 mpg) : -24.8
    Porter NO Green(4.9 mpg) : +22.8

HP3, DaDakota, NewAge and 1 other person like this.
  12. JayZ750

i dont think it. That’s how the math works. Otherwise they’d be exactly the same.
    I’m not drawing any conclusions from those few minutes… jute both horrible so it’s as likely to do with who else they’re playing with than their play.

all of which, again, is besides the point… which is they both are horrible, something has to change.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course you don't want to draw any conclusions from that data....it contradicts what you want to believe.

Green has been the worst player on the entire team pretty much every time he's stepped on the court with the exception of his Corey Brewer game......and that's the ONLY thing propping up his numbers.

He's simply not ready to be in the NBA and he REALLY shouldn't be starting. When you have a guy like that on the court you are essentially playing 4 on 5.

14. JayZ750

As I noted above, these numbers are mostly useless.

The best/most consistent player on the Rockets so far has been…. Eric Gordon. Who probably (I don’t know, but this is the point) is in for Green much of the time. Who is is in with Porter and not Green or with Green and not Porter?

Even more clearly… forget Greens numbers, you think if Green wasn’t on this team the starting unit is a +22.8 net rating team lol??

we need to focus less on net rating - this team is going to blow all year - and more on what’s generally working, not working, meshes well together, playing position well etc.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. JayZ750

it doesn’t matter whether I want to believe it or not. It’s a useless debate. Green is worse. KPJ is worse.

who the f cares? They’re both going to continue to plays LOTS of minutes. They both SUCK.

change is required.

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It probably wouldn't be that good, but if Green never steps foot on the court thus far this season, the Rockets would have been a better team.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that change is required. That's why I'm suggesting Green come off the bench, replaced by Gordon and also putting Sengun in the starting lineup.

Let's see how much better that starting unit works without all the dead weight that is Green.

If I'm wrong, then we'd find out pretty quickly and be able to try something else.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It would be worse. It's one to not be strong enough because you can lift and some muscle. It's another to be a short guard in todays league. You can't grow anymore. I literally don't know what you guys were expecting with the first 5 games. lol

If Jalen is as bad as you portray then it is only compounded by bad coaching, sporadic minutes, and general lack of experience. Anyone thinking him playing in the G league was sufficient doesn't know basketball.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Porter looks bad out there, no sugar coating, but he’s also tasked with way more responsibility than Green. If Green was in charge of primary ball handling I have no doubt that he would average even more turnovers than kpj. Kpj is careless and throws bad passes. Green does not even have the ball handling to make those bad passes before getting ripped.

GotGame15 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are acting as if Green wasn't hyped all summer to be the next coming of MJ....Hyped up to be the ROY, the most NBA ready prospect, hyped up to score 24 points per game.....

Talk about how playing in the AMAZING G league would put him MILES ahead of kids coming out of college.

I mean, sure, we can say that stupid people who bought that shouldn't be talking about basketball, but there sure were a lot of them.....and some of them are now suggesting that Green's absolutely pathetic performances were to be expected. The goalposts are shifting so fast it's hard to keep track of them.

BigggReddd, GotGame15 and J.R. like this.