1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure Evil] 70yr old Nun Raped!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BamBam, Mar 14, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What they are doing in India is <strike>borderline</strike> barbaric! I'm not trying to be funny but that nation makes me think of that dumb guy saying "hide your wife, hide your kids..." BUT only this for real!!! This really gets under my skin! The only thing worse in my opinion would be for those animals to start doing this to children! My opinion of that nation is the absolute worse, THEY have let this get to the point where they are viewed as a bunch of vile and reprobate people! There is a special place after death for animals like these!

Rest of story....http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/14/asia/nun-raped-in-india/index.html

2. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Stop treating rape like something India invented. There are thousands of rapes every day - picking one story and generalizing it to an entire 1.2 billion people is a bit much. If you want to issue bigger statistics and studies, that's understandable. But maybe you enjoy this.

Rape happens in our country as well. We should focus on the below Cali story - a few kids just got sentenced for it days ago, this woman being 87, in a first world country, and the criminals being 15 & 16 years old -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rs-woman-rape-bleach-attack-article-1.2144862

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Sexually repressed society.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hard to have sex when men outnumber women four to one.

5. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Men have 3 holes too ;)

nohomo

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Manbearpig, you saying that I enjoy it makes you sound demented! I know rape happens everywhere BUT not to the degree that it happens in that nation. You trying to equate what is happening in that nation to the rest of the world is laughable! I know not everyone in that country accepts this practice, but as a nation it has closed it's eyes to it for far too long! Usually, the victim is blamed somehow and the perpetrators see no jail time or receive any type of punishment! And the cycle continues!

As far as the example you mentioned, that proves that even though it happens here as well, WE haven't closed our eyes to rape, and as a nation we TRY to persecute those who prey on the weak! We don't have to agree on India being a hotbed of rape BUT I hope that we both agree that rape should not be accepted anywhere!

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Take this **** to the D n D

8. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

I didn't say you enjoyed rape if that's what you're trying to imply. But rather you like to pick a story and twist it to represent an entire nation.

So you posted an article about a rape in India, and then when I posted one in the US, you use that to prove in the US these things aren't ignored? But I shouldn't assume your article proves that in India it isn't ignored either?

I would debate whether India has the biggest problem in the world right now. A few items tend to exacerbate the issue by increasing reported incidences. Most countries where women are more oppressed than India do not have a vibrant media, discourage reporting by having punished the victim, and limit their women to almost no public life.

Don't get me wrong though, India does have a serious problem. But they're addressing it. Your idea that US stories aren't worthy because we are addressing it, doesn't make sense.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Are you Indian?

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I think the major difference between this and those other stories reported elsewhere is that... the ones happening over there in India seems to be happening very publicly. I've seen stories "on buses" or "at a local convent" etc. The idea that they can do this so publicly and confident that no one will step in seems to scream "PROBLEM." It's not a situation where they would plan an attack at someone's house. According to this story, the nun was trying to prevent a robbery and this is how they treat her as "punishment?" The idea that this is the first resort to resistance to your crime seems like a troubling issue. Sure, there are a billion people in that country, but it does not mean it's not a problem when things are being reported more frequently. These are being done in groups and should not have a blind eye turned upon.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

12. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Sorry, what's the third one?? :confused:

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I enjoy reading your warm and fuzzy posts much better.

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Bad habit.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's almost summer time. People 'posed to be horny

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I think I'm going to cross India off the list of potential honeymoon destinations.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This lol.

XxTCNxX must have 2 assholes.

Unless he ****s bellybuttons or something.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hope he doesn't mean the peehole. :eek:

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That spelled Desperation

Horrible deed

20. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa.