1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PUPPY! She needs a loving home! Please Read!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Antec

Antec Member

We found a very sweet and adorable puppy in Houston this past weekend. We are looking for a good, loving and caring home for her. We took her to the vet and she is just 9-10 months old. No fleas no nothing. Aside from being young she is very sweet and playful. She doesn’t bark or make loud noises. She is very well behaved and extremely friendly. Very clean and very well groomed. I am looking for a great home for her. Please no young kids or babies in the family, and please be able to take good care of her. Prefer someone with dog experience.

I really don’t want to take her to the pound or a shelter, because they will just euthanize (put her to sleep permanently) if they don’t find her owners within 3 days. We also contacted SEVERAL no-kill shelters in Houston, but they are all full. And the one that had an opening said they would euthanize her within 2 weeks if she doesn’t find a home, and we do not want that. We have put up Found Dog flyers and on websites but still no one has claimed her. We have also tried to put flyers in Petsmart and shelters. She looks to be a mix between a Brittany and golden retriever.

Looking for a good home! There is no adoption fee or anything ridiculous, we just ask you offer her a good home. If you are interested in meeting her or adopting/fostering her please feel free to give me an email and we can discuss further: roooshi@yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. Chopped

Chopped Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that looks like a perfect dog for kids, why not?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that is an awesome dog, I wish I could afford to take another one in right now but it just tears me up to know that dogs are killed just because they can't find a home.

5. Antec

Antec Member

Well some kids are very obnoxious and I prefer at least kids over the age of 8 or so. Ive heard stories where young kids pull on the ears or tails or puppies. Or kick them or just not treat them right.

It really isnt the best thing for dogs, especially a puppy. Maybe if the dog was over 2 years old then that's another story. Just dont want kids to agitate her.

Maybe i'm being over protective of a puppy i barely met.

But nonetheless she needs a home =[

6. Antec

Antec Member

I posted on several of meetup.com's dog groups and reddit. Just waiting for people to email me or contact me.

I just want to stay as far away from shelters as i can. I dont want her locked up in cages or a room all day.

Dont want just any home for her, must be a GOOD and LOVING home!

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Good luck.

Potty trained?

8. Antec

Antec Member

We found her like less than a week ago. She seems semi-potty trained but not completely. Which shouldnt be too hard. Ive personally potty trained 2 dogs and all you need to do is give them treats when they "go" outside a few times and they learn.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cute dog.

I'll pick her up at my Chinese restaurant.

j/k

nice dog for real though.

10. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

GL. Hope she finds a good home.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Cute dog, I think my girlfriend is going to email you. She's been wanting another dog.

#11 Uprising, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You will probably hear from KingCheetah then. But be prepared to explain that this is an actual dog and not a plushie hookup.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Antec

Antec Member

Please let me know. I havent received anything yet but I will keep checking my inbox.

15. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

How big do you think she will get?

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I've been looking for another dog. I just filled out an app via the Boxer rescue service last night. What side of town are you on? Do you know if she gets along with other dogs, as I have two mini Schnauzers already.

Also, is it a shedder? Do not want long dog hair everywhere.

#16 LonghornFan, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  17. Antec

Antec Member

The Vet at Petsmart told us she wont get much bigger than she already is.

18. Antec

Antec Member

Do you mean side of town in Houston or Austin? She is in Houston right now on the South side near Beltway 8 and 45 Intersection. Near Pearland and Pasadena.

She gets along VERY well with other dogs and if very playful. Doesnt bark at them. We have a yorkie and she does fine with him. They just play around, so she seems fine with it.

She doesnt she much. The hair on her back is very short as is the hair on her head. The only long hair she has is on her tail. The vet told us that's how her hair will remain for the most part. No crazy shedding or any of that stuff.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

19. Antec

Antec Member

All I have to say is that she is the PERFECT puppy. If you are interested in fostering a dog and then met her, you would understand that she is just perfect.

We already have a yokie so we cant take care another dog at the moment, especially with me working and going to school in austin.

She is so precious. It kills me to have to give her up.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just wanted to chime in and say this is a very nice thing you are doing for that puppy, Antec. I appreciate there are people like you in the world who would go out of their way to ensure a stray pup gets a happy home. You have definitely brightened my day with this post. So, thank you.

1 person likes this.