1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Punks] House, Car Shot Up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, Aug 19, 2010.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Possibly, but he's also shot the window of an old black couple next door to him. I think he's just a punk who thinks it's fun to mess with people and get away with it.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was 4 letters. S**t. but when i first typed it i * the i. So i guess when it starred out the entire word, it left the * that i included.

not 100% sure but a punk is a punk. And i thought Juan said he shot his neighbors too.

good idea. Wish this guy was still around... [​IMG][/spoiler]

could this be considered a hate crime?

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. danny317

danny317 Member

why dont you talk to some of the tenants in the apartment complex to find out who live in the unit. then go from there

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Man, that sucks. What about staking his apt. out and making sure you get a look at the person/persons who live there. Maybe you can get enough to identify the guy if this ***** doesn't stop.

If the guy is not a minor and the behavior has continuted or escalated (which it has) then sounds more serious than I woulda guessed initially.

Maybe start gathering whatever information you can. Talking to the landlord there might help with that... but I'm guessing that if you try you can find out who lives there, one way or another.

Basically, I would find a way to identify the guy, and gathering whatever information you can in whatever way you can will help.

There are a few police officers on this board, or used to be. Perhaps they can chime in here like they do when folks are bashing them and give a little advice?

6. JuanValdez

My wife tried earlier and didn't find someone who knew them. Found out it was Unit D. She'll be trying again today, and can at least get the landlord's number probably.

7. danny317

danny317 Member

if the other tenants are trying to protect this dude, let them know that hes shooting into your kids bedroom.

i hope you catch this guy.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Next time you call the cops, tell them someone shot at your child, and then call the FBI, call the CIA.

The least you can do is scare this lil punk, and the cops.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

A couple of other suggestions:

Would it help to contact the country sheriff or do they not handle anything within the city limits?

Contact the news stations. They might be very interested in a story like this.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shoot back?

BTW- I like the telling the cops it was a gun.....

And I doubt it is a BB gun, right, more like a pellet one? If that is the case those can hit with the force of at least a .22 caliber regular gun.

DD

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yup, just quoted myself!!
    In Humble we had some issues with kids shooting out car windows. Shyt got real when they shot a police car and the news got a hold of the story.

Made the cops seem inept, police don't like to be put on blast on TV.

14. Pete the Cheat

you have a girl old enough to be girl scout age?

if so, I think it's time to do a little door-to-door girl scout cookie recon.

I would make sure to have a camera phone handy.

if you are too worried to approach the actual apt of the tenant w/ the little one, maybe just snoop around the neighbors. people always open the door for girl scout cookies.

15. JuanValdez

No, it was a BB gun. I found some of the BBs he fired. Still, it's strong enough to be accurate and break glass from 60+ feet.

I don't see how I'd tell the cops it was a gun. They'd look for the bullet hole and find only BB holes. In general, I don't want to lie to the cops or judiciary to solve this problem. Maybe exxagerate a little, but not lie.

As for the news coverage idea, I'm uncomfortable with it. I'd hate to have newspeople come in and paint my neighborhood as a ghetto where people have no defense against rampant criminality, or as some kind of racial battleground. The reality is much more complex than that. I love my neighborhood and don't want to see it unjustly defamed. I'll see what my wife thinks about the idea, but on first blush, I'm not too enthused. I do appreciate the outside-the-box thinking though!

16. JuanValdez

Another Update

My wife got the contact info for the landlord from another tenant and called him. He said he was surprised and disappointed because they are college kids and he thought they'd be more responsible. He was going to call them and see what they had to say about it and have them stop. He didn't say he would evict them, but he was generally understanding and cooperative. So, that will hopefully do the trick. I'm hoping to get the tenants' names from him (don't know if he'll be willing to give that up), which would be helpful in applying pressure in other ways if necessary.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Definitely...

Just make sure to pile up all the evidence with pics and whatver video you can get...if you can prove it's coming from that unit then it should be enough for them to believe you and try to make a story of it.

If you dont want the racial angle used, just dont mention it and maybe you can refuse to go on camera, which would be understandable.

18. right1

right1 Member

He's going to ask them to stop? Are you serious? You need to be a little more aggressive in a non-violent way (if possible). Someone was shooting BULLETS at your WIFE and BABY! He did extensive property damage to your HOME and CAR! POLICE should knock on the door with a search warrant and MATCH the BB GUN. NOW!!! Press charges. People like this have no regard for others and it will only escalate or you, your wife or baby will be blind for the rest of your life because you got shot in the face by a criminal committing a gun crime.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

this should be your bbs title.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm still surprised that our own JuanValdez is really a white guy.

Back on topic, JV, you are a very patient man. I'd be on the phone non-stop until HPD did something about it or I'd be doing my own damage....to their face!