1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Psaki Says "Gender Affirming Care" for Kids Is 'Best Practice'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 8, 2022.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol! Yes. Resorting to violence regarding a difference is the proper response.

Geez. You follow a lot of hateful simpletons on Twitter.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's probably going to be offended you called Gina a simpleton. Though even he has to admit that she is.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know who she is.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Remember, I'm fresh off the boat. Please don't discriminate against me. It hurts my feelings. Thanks.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

say, NeRF, have you issued a statement yet on the Musk purchase of Twitter? that may change your whole game, no?

enquiring minds need to know

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

TBH, I'd rather that caricature exist than laughing about what a joke that person is. I mean unwanted Chinese baby girls is really a thing.

Because at least they'd be trying to improve things they think is busted than handling their frustrations with twisted humor.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I meant to post this last week but misplaced the link to the piece, on the topic discussed earlier in this thread about people who "detransition" and their occasionally bitter feelings afterwards toward the "gender-affirming care" they received as adolescents/teens.

The Testosterone Hangover
    The Biden administration says transgender kids are entitled to ‘gender-affirming’ medical care. These girls disagree. ‘I have this intense rage in me over the harm that was done to me.’

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-testosterone-hangover?s=w

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. fchowd0311

"Mental Health Outcomes in Transgender and Nonbinary Youths Receiving Gender-Affirming Care | Adolescent Medicine | JAMA Network Open | JAMA Network" https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2789423

I'm just trying to find a comparable treatment for people with gender dysphoria that is this effective in reducing suicide rates? So you have anything? Maybe harassing, shunning them and saying they are unnatural helps their suicide rates?

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't be surprising that there are people who regret changing their gender just like there are homosexuals who say that conversion therapy worked and they are now straight. From my understanding is that those people are a very small minority of those groups.

This though goes again to why for me it doesn't matter why someone became LGBT but that it is OK if you are and OK if you're not. It's also why instead of not saying "gay" we should be emphasizing that these decisions should be done with a lot of thought. Just not talking about it to young children will likely lead to more confusion. Talking about it in a gentle way without stigmatization or encouragement either way is what is needed.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

honestly I don't understand the aggressive, accusatory tone of your question

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That makes sense to most people. But there are plenty who feel that it should be ignored and legislation mandating ignoring it is the right move.

If nobody is allowed to talk about it, then surely it will go away.

Of course if you ask those people they will tell you they don't hate people who feel differently than the majority or are confused about their gender. There isn't anything wrong people feeling like that. They don't want harm for those people.

It's just for them, it's the kind of thing where it's so 'not wrong' that there should be laws making sure it's never even talked about or acknowledged. That's how tolerant they are.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

but we're told if you laugh at gender ideology, that laughter is an example of malice

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Holy ****... Look, I want all the "geeks","weirdos", and "non-normies" (I'm among them) to feel safe while growing into adulthood, but the push of minors towards surgery and chemical alterations is downright terrifying. I feel sad for these kids who not only have to deal with their bodies changing organically but also dealt with a load of chemicals and surgery to "fix them" because the authorities they trusted recommended as the best course of action.

This is really no different than random pill pushers giving parents anti-depression meds for their kids after a 30 min group consultation.

About that "best course of action"... can we ****ing chill and calm down about pushing this until we get real repeatable data indicating the risks for gender-affirming medical care among minors? Currently, it's "not normal or mainstream" to have a shredded and ripped adult wearing feminine attire and makeup. Maybe that adult regrets not having this type of surgery early when their body hadn't fully grown.

Well guess what, that's society's problem for not accepting the person's current image as mainstream. I'm bringing this up because there's a survivorship bias among the most vocal trans or in-transition adults about the horrors they've been through or the hurdles they have towards full transitioning. They're the most passionate and defensive about the veracity of their claims and there's sympathy among some people because they've been tabled as "crazy" or "deluded" most of their lives for not conforming to most people's 10 second expectations of them.

I think we all instinctively realize that sexuality and even gender can be fluid and change over time. There was a study that even being sleep deprived for a few days can even temporarily "flip a person". The high stress environment like prison can also influence dynamics we can't wrap around for non-prison folk.

Society wants to classify and categorize people into neat little checkboxes and these people are the direct victims of it, well meaning or not. I'm fine with flipping gender norms, but does it still need to be A-gender man or B-gender woman? What about asexual, castrated, omnisexual, etc... I don't care about the jokes. The box of taboos is open, let's try to figure it out rather than filling in the blanks with more pain and garbage.

FranchiseBlade and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

WTF? Regime of censorship upholding Trans-gender? That's a laugh. This is literally over people trying to censor books and mention of LGBTQ in books and even conversation.

What a joke. There's something to laugh at, alright, but it isn't what you or the bizarre twitters you follow think it is.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

12 month follow up is way too short dude, there’s this large Swedish study with 20K patients that did not demonstrate improvements in depression with actually high er rates of suicide. I’ll try to find

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

20. fchowd0311

And you wonder why I call your type of mindset pooled together the precursor to Fascism.

Please do tell what Florida math textbooks were teaching before.