1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PSA] Gordon out; Rivers to start; Knight will play, too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 30, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

I feel you man, and i'm not angry with you either... But what are you gonna do about it? If you can start some grassroots movement to get Houston sports the respect it deserves, I will be first in line to shake your hand. Otherwise I suggest you make the best of the situation. Be satisfied with our accomplishments or be upset about something out of our control. Easy decision for me, but I respect your choice either way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Knight needs to play at least 24 minutes a game for the next 30 games, otherwise he has no value and no market.
    It's clear that no team wants to take the future salary (bad contract).
    I am starting to compare Knight to Deng contract.

#42 BigBum, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GENIUS!

kjayp likes this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Not many ppl disrespect the greatness of Hakeem. When Shaq and Jordan give you props there's not much else to say, regardless of what a few haters say.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm a firm believer that referees are morons without minds of their own, and they read and absorb this stuff. Think of all the brutal no-calls Harden is subject to in the playoffs.

BigMaloe, chadyang, James.B.H and 3 others like this.
  6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Man I am so worried about the depth of this team.
    Age factor.
    Minutes logged.
    We need more bodies.
    Swaggy at 33 is the only thing out there right now.
    Morey needs to make a move.
    Trade or vet signing.
    These injuries are piling up and will result in more injuries with guys playing too many minutes.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

trade and buyout season is almost here... no worries.

But i am worried about the mins the starters are playing. and the 8 man rotation.

D-rock likes this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

morey left us with no depth to start the season and then MDA ran our only 5 players into the ground.

harden can play 36mpg, but no one else should play more than 30. if that means relying on house, and green too much so be it.

we can't win anything if our guys have no legs or worse, break down, at the end of the season.

kjayp likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

My favorite his how Westbrook gets in top 10 plays of the day thing they do where he just goes and does a standard layup. When Harden does a crazy behind the back pass or owns someone completely they are like no we would rather watch Westbrook do a layup.

Remlap likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shaq? See this is what ppl like Dreamshook and I are talking about.

Shaq? Shaq likes to be nice to Hakeem, because it makes him sound important, Shaq should care about what Dream thinks of him as a rival. We should be hearing more that Dream was also the best defensive player ever.

It took over a decade after his retirement for media to finally listen to ppl saying how great Dream was, and by then many already put Shaq ahead of him, and talking about Duncan being better ... and then saying how Anthony Davis was already better.

None of those guys are close. There is a big leap from being Top 10 and being Top 5.

In his SECOND year, Dream DESTROYED the defending champion Magic/Kareem showtime Lakers 4 freaking straight games, and we still have to listen to this idea that it took him 10 years to learn how to play, as if David Robinson, Kareem, Ewing were ever anywhere close to his two-way majesty in even that 1986 year.

And that’s what Dream has to overcome. The Dream dammit. @DreamShook is right. The Legacy can get set to disrespect a player, and he has to then unfairly fight an uphill battle at every damn accomplishment.

#50 heypartner, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Knight has barely seen the light of day.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Knight has barely seen the light of day.

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Russ's performance tonight is...I don't have a word for it. I've never seen a super start at his prime perform as poorly as he did tonight, shooting 4 out of 22, missing clutch free throws and shots, turned over the ball multiple times at clutch time... I can't believe this guy stole Harden's MVP two years ago just because of his flashy triple-doubles, they are worthless if they don't help the even hurt your team's chance of winning.

I honestly believe if Lebron or Russ has similar performance as Harden this year with a similar supporting cast, the media would be crazy and start talking about how they should run away with the MVP race and win it unanimously. However, for Harden, he is barely in the conversation.

D-rock and chadyang like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Damn... Eric Gordon exceeded his knee cap. He needs to get some rest before having to pay the knee luxury tax.

J.R. likes this.
  15. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Slam ranked Harden as the 60th all-time while ranking Westbrook 37th after Harden's MVP Season.
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/slams-top-100-players-of-all-time-list-no-100-51/
    To me, Harden is clearly better, but the bottom line is they should be at least at the same level as far as legacy is concerned. Unfortunately, it's not the case for most major sports media and casual(or non-Rocket) NBA fans. The bias towards Harden also affect his chance to get personal awards, he was robbed MVP in 2017 and wasn't even in the all nba team in 2016. And we all know these matter a lot for player's legacy after their retirement.

Killatron 2000, D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Well, if he gets someone else, some other soft dude will get injured at the worst time. Players just need to man up. Harden and Tucker have played through many lingering injuries, I'm sure.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Now you're talking my language!

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Preach! It’s so great to see posts from Rockets fans here. You’re the old reliable that way, HP. Appreciate it.

BMoney likes this.
  19. H-Town Rockets Guy

Capela, Tucker, House, Rivers, Harden and Nene, Green, Carter, and Knight off the bench. Lets go whoop some Grizzlies's ass tomorrow. Go Rockets

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Day-to-day. Sound familiar.