1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PSA] Gordon out; Rivers to start; Knight will play, too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 30, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

I totally disagree. We are one of the best teams in the league. Have an all time great in Harden. Damn nearly took out GS last year. We are recovering from a terrible start and still have really high hopes for the season.

Injuries happen regularly to every team, yet many of y'all act like they are a freak occurence.

Can you imagine being a Suns/Magic etc fan...?

Don't be whiny and focus on the negatives, be thankful and focus on the positives, which there are a lot of... A lot!

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gordon out Monday.....Harden gonna play 42+ minutes. 6 minutes for BK in a Rivers backcourt.

D-rock, BasketMAD and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm thankful for Harden and the Rockets. The whining is coming from everyone else not recognizing the positives. Rockets and Harden are doing some pretty miraculous things and it's being ignored. Before anyone says "who cares", I care. That's why I'm whining.

I'm telling you this media stuff matters for legacy. Harden is one of the greatest players to play the game and is generally regraded as a bum. That's a problem.

4. theimpossibles1

I can guarantee that when all is said and done Harden will be one of the most respected players in NBA history. The fact that he gets so much hate and just continues to dominate night after night, with no drama, no weak comments to the media, no social media bullsh*t.

He plays hard, plays smart, and the league evolves as a result of his play style. Silent assassin with a very distinctive look.

P.S. we shouldn't give a f**k about the national media and their meaningless opinions. Legacy is in the numbers and in the personality, both of which are strongly in Harden's favor. We here in Houston know the truth and that's all that matters.

BigMaloe, coyotetex, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Member

he is really wise and mature by responding to the hate just by his play
    he's silencing the critics by single handedely carrying the Rockets

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rudy is still not in the HOF. People still think the Bulls would have beat the Rockets in the finals. There are still ridiculous arguments about the greatness of Hakeem. The 2nd Rockets championship as a 6th seed doesn't come up nearly as much as it should; this was truly one of the greatest runs in sports history.. People still don't know Jordan was playing in the league for the 2nd Rockets championship. These numbers have been siting there for DECADES.

Media ABSOLUTELY Matters. Only sports nerds look at the numbers and even they have biases thanks to media..

BigMaloe, Fyreball, Scarface and 10 others like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This is gonna be a game where our frontcourt is gonna have to bring it . Clint needs to step up . One of PJ , house , and green need to step up . They didn't have the juice last game gotta have it this game . If they don't have it again I would suggest trying to see if Clark has it .

Nene needs to play 18 so Clint can go harder in his 32 vs the 36-7 he is now averaging .

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  8. T. Will tha Don

ass berry

D-rock likes this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

as i've been sayin...
    you can run a longer rotation by design... or you can wait and do it by necessity... ;)

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just as they find a stride with Rivers behind Gordon, Gordon takes a seat too. It's pretty much just a point, 3 forwards and a center now. All your guards have to be playmakers. Harden might start playing full games. I can deal with half ass effort on defense if he's gonna start averaging 45 and 15. You can hide one guy right?

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If only Knight could have a couple of breakout games while EG is out. He gets another chance to up value. I hope MDA will give him at least 10 - 12 minutes. Maybe he can get into rythem and show some flashes of Buck BK.

I’m cautiously hopeful. Only silver lining to the EG injury.

Remlap, Landsdale and ak99999 like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

I don't see why you and others care so much about national media. We in Houston know our accomplishments and celebrate them. If the Lakers or the Knicks make the playoffs they get all the coverage, but does that really matter? We as Houston fans know our true value and for me personally, that is enough to be proud of.

BasketMAD, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ennis is questionable for talent, not for injury

BasketMAD, hakeem94 and BigBum like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt about that, if Knight gets fit enough to play 10-15 mins on alternate games.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

This could be a key defining moment for knight with this opportunity. Both Gordon and Paul out makes him the only backup guard. I hope he can put up a good overall performance and hit some threes.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

#36 mockster, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Any of wizards would help.
    The Lakers may still be interested in Trevor Ariza, who has a $15MM expiring contract, and Markieff Morris‘ expiring $8.6MM deal could also be in play. Jeff Green, who is playing for the veterans minimum

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm grateful that EG is day to day. In the past, before he worked on his body like he has in Houston, this may have been it for him for the season.

Also, I think BK will be better for us if he's given some chances to spot up and shoot. His strength hasn't returned, and creating shots off of his dribble isn't a good look right now. Austin can penetrate and give him a couple of clean shots. I certainly am not a huge BK fan, but I don't think he's trash. In the least, he's a willing shooter and good locker room guy, whereas Fly Ry stopped shooting and lost a piece of himself emotionally.

He's rotting in Phoenix, serving a Udonis Haslem role. That's just sad at this point in his career. The guy *can* be lethal from long range or in certain post ups, but he stopped shooting. Then again, I'll always argue that we could have varied up his shots and freed him up more on the floor. He didn't need to be camped out 4 feet beyond the 3 point line all the time.

Welp...at least the weather is nice in the valley.

19. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

It's like non stop ref blaming, media bias and player attacks.

BigMaloe, kjayp, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm Sorry. it's not enough! I demand respect for the Rockets and Harden. F-ck these scraps. Houston sports shouldn't be regarded as some gawd damn cult; everyone should appreciate the Rockets and what they are doing and what they have done historically. I reiterate: F-ck these scraps! Show some self respect!

It's crazy these "why do you care so much?" people can't understand how perception shapes legacies, I would argue, more than numbers (Fans still think Russ and Klay are better than Harden with the numbers). This in no way discounts how we fans feel about the Rockets. Game should recognize game without caveats.

Being humble in the face of disrespect is not commendable. It accomplishes little.

I'm not angry with you @theimpossibles1, I'm frustrated with this mentality. It's garbage.