1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS4] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Wakko67, Jul 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's not really a RPG, it's a shooter. It has RPG elements, but if you're expecting a RPG I think you're going to be disappointed. Ever try Diablo? It's more action oriented, but it's a RPG at least.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think it will be pretty fun, and even more so if you have some friends to play with.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I hope I'm off on the 9th its going to be a big day.
    Get Destiny at midnight and then I can see if Apple's new iPhone is the truth so I can finally upgrade my old phone, haha.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I might have to wait a day :(
    I ordered the limited edition from Gamestop earlier. I'm still holding out to see if a ghost edition pops up. I ordered next day shipping, I hope that means I get it the day of. It does say it doesn't ship until the 9th though.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm sure if Activision had their way there would be plenty available(more money in their pockets), but Bungie seemed pretty serious about making those limited availability.

Maybe you can luck out and someone doesn't pick up their Ghost Edition from Gamestop(or other retailer)

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They said the same thing about limited edition. I think Activision decided to make more after they realized how crazy everyone is picking these up. Technically I snagged a preorder for the ghost edition of the 360 version. I was going to take the ghost out and sell the rest, but I don't think there will be a ton of demand for the 360 version. Limited edition or otherwise.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZyQK6kUdWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

^^^

That live action trailer looks really freaking cool. I would watch if they ever made a tv series out of this game.

I can't wait for this one. Diablo is gonna be pushed to the side when this game releases, haha. I wish I was going to be off on Tuesday though :(

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

It would be nice if I had any time off when it drops, but oh well. I'll be a week behind everyone.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's not like you're my douchebag friend that is waiting until the white xbox comes out.

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Salvy?

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Let's all pitch in and buy savvy a ps4. I'm sure he would be grateful and appreciate the gesture.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He isn't that big of a douchebag, and I'm a little insulted. :p

14. chow_yun_fat

Erg =/. Due to peer pressure (everyone I know is buying it), I went ahead and pre-ordered it today at GS. Guess I'll see some of you guys online.

My local GS said they are doing a midnight launch. I'm not that big of a fan of Destiny to pick it up at midnight. I would go if there was some free shwag. Does anyone know if they give out anything at these events?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just call back and ask if they are. Walmart gave away a free key chain when i picked up GTA 5, my friend said they did a free pizza party thing when Halo released at gamestop.

16. chow_yun_fat

If they have a collectible t-shirt or key chain I will make the effort for it. If it is free food, I rather get my sleep.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm glad you succumbed to the peer pressure but don't be blaming us if this game starts affecting your schooling, haha

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, I'm sitting here with my PS3 ready to play Destiny.

On a whim, I googled "PS3 vs PS4 Destiny graphics." The results of that search made me sad.

I know Best Buy has a free T-Shirt. Not sure if you need to reserve the game for it, though quantities are limited. I'm sure there will be XS and XXXL shirt sizes left over though lol. Everyone and their grandma probably gets the Mediums and the Larges.

The Sunset Overdrive Xbox? That looks really cool. Why is your friend a DBag for waiting? lol.

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I know the manager at the GS I preordered from, and he said they're giving away posters, some wristbands(?) and some other things at the midnight opening. If I can get myself out of bed, I'll go to the midnight sale, but we'll see. I'm not going to be able to play it when I get back anyway, unless I call in sick.

Hmm...

We'll see. If you need to add someone for the late game raids and stuff (remember, no random matchmaking on late game raids, only friends list allowed) feel free to add me, Gunslinger057.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He's not a dbag for waiting for the white xbox. He's a douchebag because he made me do a ton of research on coupons and all this, yet he's just going to wait. He does stuff like this all the time, he lives in Dallas I think the douchiness is rubbing off.