1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS3 Repair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Han Solo, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Everything is breaking on me which is just fantastic when i'm trying to sell things b/c im broke and jobless.

It's not accepting any games or blu-rays. It beeps as if there is already a disc inside when there isn't.

Does anyone have any recommended places to take it to for a good price or can do it themselves for a good price?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dude. I got your solution:

[​IMG]

"Right away, sir. Yes, sir. I recommend it!"

Sincerely, Bobba Fett

[​IMG]

:eek: /repair threads

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

If you hate repair threads and don't want to help, then there is no need to even come into the thread and respond you freaking tool.

4. JD88

JD88 Member

check craigslist. tons on there.

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

They all seem to be pretty far away from me and asking for me to come in so they can see it b4 they can tell me a price. Also don't know if i can trust any of those places unless i got recommendation from someone on CF.

6. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Yeah Craigslist is the way to go. I have a YLOD on my PlayStation and found a guy on there that I will take it to for repairs on the cheap.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Do you still have your warranty? Can you send it back to sony?

NEver mind. Looked this up and seems expensive.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Do you remember the name of the place or number/location?

9. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

No warranty.

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I have the number of the guy, he's just an individual that works out of his home..but he posts up constantly on Craigslist..just type "PS3 Repair" and his ad and the number come up several times. He lives on the southwest side of town so if thats far for you should consider other repair folk/stores that are on craigslist.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

That is far, but can you PM me his number to give him a call anyway?

12. what

what Member

Bake it!

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:p I don't hate repair threads, man... I just... think you shot first.

SRSLY, though, you can look through old threads.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I went to a Burden Brothers concert 6 years ago in College Station. Got hammered, threw up in a trash can at 3am, then somehow wound up outside a Best Buy in Richmond, TX with nothing but a towel, dead cell phone, and a Gatorade.

19 hours later I had a backwards compatible, 4USB port, memory card bay, 60GB, 100lb PS3. The one that you could grill a steak on.

Yesterday it died, gasping for air trying to run Madden13. Right now sitting in my living room is a plastic, cheap looking, PoS, mini PS3 that keeps giving me a cute look that pisses me off. You know, like a yippy purse dog. I just wanna break it with my fists.

How do I fix my original PS3? Where do I go? No Craigslist grease monkey is toughing my original PS3. It deserves to go to a real place. Something with a title like Center for Quantum Mechanics and Nano-devices.

Where are these places? Harwin? Seriously I need a reputable place that someone has first hand experience with. This is serious. My best friend is in a ****ing body bag right now.

Help me. :(

15. 713

713 Member

buy a new ps3.. there only 250 bucks u cheap b*stard

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LULZ. I'd pay $300 to fix my original. They're better that the **** stains they pass off as PS3's nowadays.

17. Poloshirtbandit

My backwards compatible died on me last year. I was in the same boat and finally broke down and bought the slim model. Less noisy and truthfully I wasn't really using backwards compatibility or the memory card slot. You can get a discount on the slim model if you send the older model in to Sony.

Not sure if they still have the offer but you used to be able to send in the broken one and get a refurbished backwards compatible PS3.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have a slim model in my living room. This isn't about getting a new (crappier) system, this is about saving the big daddy.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

The super? slim is rumored to come out at the end of this month for $199?

20. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member