1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS3] Madden '08 - Help Needed!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Do WHAT?, Nov 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I consider myself a decent Madden '08 gamer, but when I play online -- I get my butt kicked regularly against players with Level 2 grades and above. :mad:

My record against Level 1 players is pretty good - but would like to know any inside hints or assistance on how to play better.

Their players seem to:
    ** Catch almost all passes thrown to receivers
    ** Intercept a ton of my passes
    ** Defend all of my plays - running and/or passes
    ** HELP!!

Thanks,

A frustrated Madden '08 online player! :confused:

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Madden '07

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When the defense plays zone, you need to make sure you are leading your receiver into an area that is open...aimlessly throwing it will pretty much result in an INT all the time. The key to the passing game is improving your timing. Releasing the ball even a half a second to late will result in a great opportunity for the defense. Use the practice option and run plays over and over.

Use hot routes. I think I use hotroutes on about 90% of my pass plays. Usually, I have a slot receiver go either across the middle or to the sidelines...and I use that as my last option.

The wide receiver screen is a nice cheap way of getting a first down on a crucial 3rd and 7.

Plays where the running back blocks for a few seconds then runs out as a receiver is good because the LB that is supposed to cover him usually ends up rushing the passer...when the RB decides to go out for a route, he is usually open for at least a 5 yard pass. Just make sure you have your QB run back far enough so he can avoid the rush until the RB makes his move.

5 receiver sets are good because its pretty difficult for a defense to cover. Send your fastest 2 recievers deep and hot route the other 3. You will have 1 on 1 coverage with at least one of your 2 speedsters...launch it if you see an opening.

Take a team like the Broncos. Plug in Champ as a receiver and send him deep on every pass play. If you see that you have one on one coverage with him, go deep and let him go get it.

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

best advice I can give you, play with the Colts, Chargers, or Pats.

I played with the Texans online and the only thing I had going for me was Shaub to Johnson. I'd try and get Andre in single coverage alone on one side of the field, if I ever see him singled, send him on a deep route, I immediately move to his side(to buy some time) and used the QB-Cone to just sling the ball to him, Dre will catch it 85% of the time, I've had many one handed catches in the end-zone and long receptions.

But then Ahman will end up coughing the ball up cause he really sucks in the game.