1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRYUEN,Please,someone said yao will recovery within a month if using chinese medcine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKU, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Wow, your perception could not be more wrong. It might be true that your typical westerner thinks all cancers are the same. However, Western Physicians DO NOT THINK all cancers are the same. Just the difference in cell types leads to hundreds of different types of cancers. Thus, a medical oncologist or radiologist would treat that accordingly based on an evidence based approach.

2. doudoujing

doudoujing Contributing Member

I agree with your points but have to express something slightly different. Real TCM doctors need many years of training, not only to gain experience, but also (more importantly) they need to train themselves into an "instrument" that can detect problems and heal injuries. This is something related to Qi, and cannot be achieved in a short time. Besides, different people may achieve different levels, which explains why some are better than others.

The training is hard, and only a few can succeed. Most will still be doctors; ordinary ones though.

In the modernized and materialized world, more and more people select the western way, which is easier to learn and faster and secure to achieve a high level. It is very difficult to find a real TCM doctor in China now - and most of the times they are anchorites who do not care much about the materialized world, not to say NBA.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

很多医治伤筋动骨的伤病。
    比如? 华佗刮骨 很多医治伤筋动骨的伤病。
    比如? 华佗刮骨

骨的伤病。很多医治伤筋动骨的!?!!??

4. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Only very recently have the chinese become interested in evidence based medicine and have just started to put their regularly used products into clinical trials.

You guys have to understand something -

25mg in a pill is a standard amount, meaning that each and every pill will have the same exact dose of the drug. The effects of such a drug on patients can easily be studied.

This is MUCH MUCH more difficult to prove when you are using herbal remedies, u can't really determine an exact dose.

Ginseng can be used as an example:
    Each and every ginseng root is different (much like the difference btw you and me). There is high quality ginseng and poorer quality. Hence the difference in price. How do you prove systemically how much of the drug is needed to have an effect?

Sorry if this is beyond a lot of your guys level. I'm just trying to explain some stuff to you. ;)

5. Panda

Panda Member

I need to clarify a bit. I'm talking about the basic definition of cancer. To westerners, cancer is cancer. I'm aware of the ramifications based on it due to the complexity of human body.

In the real TCM, cancer is not a meaningful term. The Chinese doctors breaks down every symptom, add all the clues up, fit the results into their own theory to form a unique read and diagonisis. For convinience, they indentify a group of symptoms with the name of their prescription.

My point is, the classifications between these two medical world is totally different.

6. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

PLEASE, WE NEED HEALTH YAO IN PLAYOFFS!

7. blackbird

blackbird Member

Ah? Do you want to say Chinese medicine is useless? You call yourself a doctor from China? What a shame! It is very difficult to prove, but that doesn't mean it is wrong. It only means you don't know how to prove it.

8. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Call the Rockets!

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

If that is the remedy, I'll toss some bucks just to get this Chinese medicine to Yao. Ancient medicine from China works wonders from what i heard from several asian friends.

10. dkei0722

dkei0722 Member

What's wrong with some people on this forum??? This guy is trying to help! Enough of being so ignorant!!!

11. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Just b/c i'm chinese doesn't mean i'm from china. I'm sure by my posts, you could have figured out i'm a western doc.

Not being ABLE to prove something doesn't mean it is wrong, but doesn't mean its right either. My point is, why would you **** around with your ankle when you know an orthopedic surgeon can heal you in 4 months time in comparison to the alternative of having unproven procedures done on you.

You have to understand the context of the situation. Yao Ming is in the middle portion of his career- whether he has hit his prime yet is debatable at this point. Why would he risk the rest of his career to rush back for a month when he has another 6-7 good years in front of him? If he has the surgery, he can play in the Olympics and thats his goal.

Its a shame that people on this board are so short sighted. I would rather enjoy what the Rockets have now and finish out the season strong and watch Yao dominate for years to come rather then watch him come back early and destroy his career.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If Rocky Rokuku's Chinese medicine does not work maybe we can try some Haitian voodoo.

Rub some boiled newt's feet and henbane tea on his foot and wrap it in a poultice during the next full moon. He'll be ready to play the next day.

This works with the recently deceased, so a stress fracture should be a piece of cake.

13. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Man can we have someone who holds BOTH a M.D. and a Chinese medical degree talk about this?

For those who think alternative medicines don't work, you've been isolated for too long. Need to get out of your box and realize this:

Just because something is NOT mainstream DOES NOT mean it's wrong or ineffective or doesn't exist!

Just because science CANNOT prove something DOES NOT mean it DOES NOT exist! Like all the great theories in science such as evolution, relativity, genetics, etc... took sometime for people to understand wtf these great men were talking about for them to become SCIENTIFIC.

It wouldn't surprise me if you guys have NEVER been out of this country. I say get Yao to an oriental team to see what they can do. Try voodoo magic on him if it also helps.

14. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Human body is a very complicated system that NOBODY fully understands. It is quite possible that ancient oriental medical theories work on some things better than western medical theory.

Proceed with caution, that is the key. If the treatment is not invasive, there is not much to loss (unless a delay of surgery will aggravate the injury).

15. dkei0722

dkei0722 Member

Don't you guys think this at least worth a shot?
    I mean, at least let Yao consult some decent Chinese physicians before making the conclusion that a surgery is the only way to get this done. Well, I guess this might actually be the "second opinion" Yao was referring to. Yet, if it is not...Clutch, seriously, please take this to Yao.

16. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

BUT, what if his foot after this surgery becomes a damaged good and will never be the same, while an alternative treatment has the potential to really CURE it?

17. dkei0722

dkei0722 Member

Exactly!

18. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

we miss Yao
    Hope him recover quickly
    just try our best to get him back

19. cneptune

cneptune Member

You are dealing with ignorant folk in Texas, what did you expect? As far as they are concerned, they are pretty much ready to strap on the nuts, bolts and screws to yao's foot. Hell while they are at it they could always opt to have cyborg legs designed for Yao and just chop off the factory ones. After-market is the the way to go, I hear. Gotta love that western medicine!

20. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Look bro... I have an MD and i'm chinese. I spent 8 weeks working in Hong Kong during my elective in medical school. Despite my western upbringing, my own family still uses tons of traditional chinese recipes on a daily basis. My mom drinks birdsnest soup everyday for her asthma. She says it helps her feel better and prevents attacks. If it makes her feel better, i'm all for it - just as long as she continues on her daily western meds.

Look guys... i've seen both sides of the spectrum. The worse thing of all is when you forgo something that is clinically proven for an unproven alternative treatment. I'm all for traditional thearpies, just only when they are used in conjunction with something that is proven. YOU DON"T WANT TO MAKE A PROBLEM WORSE THEN IT ALREADY IS.... goal of medicine.