1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRYUEN,Please,someone said yao will recovery within a month if using chinese medcine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKU, Feb 26, 2008.

1. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

someone's saying he can cure Yao's foot and get him back within a month using "traditional Chinese medicine"

it's total bull.

2. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

That was the price at 3000BC. I don't think you can get the same perscribtion for the same price now. :D

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Reading that bablefish translation, it seems like a pretty holistic approach. I'm not saying that it works or not, but it can't hurt to try. At the very worst, it's a healthy way to live.

There are some treatments that aren't endorsed by the AMA that DO work. Chiropractors, for one, are used by millions of people. Don't discount what you don't understand.

4. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

its kinda exaggerate a lot, chinese medicine may works, but be recovered by one month is impossible, face the truth :mad:

5. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

clutch,yao need one month to recovery,please do it!

this message is translated by el_locoteee,thank you very much.hope yao will catch the playoffs.

Excuse me. My English is not good, can somebody be able to sent below message for Yao.Tks a lot. Good Luck rockets Good Luck Yao!

我是一名医生,不知道怎么能把这个信息迅速传到姚明那里。只好把希望寄托于搜狐网站。请转告姚明,应力性骨损伤的实质,是一种与 运动不当(包括疲劳)有关的非感染性的骨膜炎症。它不是西医的强项,手术刀不是解决这种损伤的好办法。相反,中医骨科活血化淤, 强肾养骨的中药外敷结合内服的办法,不仅可以短时间内(一个月左右)康复,重要的是,借此机会从中医所谓的“本”上强骨,获得避 免再类似损伤(包括肌腱、筋膜和肌肉等)。国内不乏这一领域里出色的医生和妙方。请建议姚明,不要急于接受手术。建议国家蓝协, 是否携1~2名出色的中医赶赴HOUSTON,或接姚回国疗伤

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

stop that bull crap.

7. choujie

choujie Member

Sometimes it works. But even traditional Chinese medicine says it needs 100 days for bone to heal. That one month thing is BS, not Chinese medicine.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Actually, the Chinese Medicine can stimulate osteoblast growth.

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

10. uciraz

uciraz Member

it's still possible, to be honest, although USA has the best technology there is, there doctors are usually not all that great, Yao should definitely seek some help from china

11. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Man, where did you hear of that ? I've been working in China for quite a long time and never heard of that.

TO Clutch: Many know that Chinese are far good at using herbs and I think this piece of info might be valuable for Yao, so it is not a bad idea if you were able to pass it to some one inside of the Rox.

If Yao is able to get back in a month, i'd say this is a miracle.

12. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

I have no doubt in Chinese medicine. My brother had a motorcycle accident and broke his left lower leg. The doctor put his leg in a cast and he couldn't bear the pain almost every night for 3-4 nights. Someone told us to check this place where an old Chinese medicine man is famous for healing broken bones. So we went and the first thing he did was he cut a small hole on the cast, just above the knee cap. He shakes his head and said that the bone are not 'aligned'. So he cut the cast and took it off. Next, he did the most horrifying thing... he snap the bones to break it! I can still hear the sound of the bone snapping and my bro's screaming. Then he carefully 'put it back together' and apply some herbal medicine patches to the broken bones area and support it with three flat pieces of wood before wrapping it up. A few follow-up treatments later, changes of herbal patches and 4 weeks after, he can now walk without crutches. He's ok now, but we took his motorcycle license away...

Maybe Yao should get his second opinion in China.

13. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

wtf?are you insane?yes i have seen that thread there,but no one translated,no one work on it,so i start a new thread.

i just wish yao will not miss the playoffs,maybe there are not left too much seasons for yao&tmac.

mother fu cker

14. MexAmercnMoose

15. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

say bye bye

16. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

theres a reason why we have a profanity filter.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I bet this really works. Somebody get YAO the word. Clutchfans to the rescue!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually think Chinese medicine should be used here - I think this is the type of injury that it would work best for - since it could stimulate bone growth.

19. eatsleepdrink

eatsleepdrink Member

Traditional Chinese medicine works. I am both a Chinese internal medicine practitioner and a registered pharmacist in the US so I can probably give a relatively more balanced view.

The biggest issue of Chinese med is on the quality control. So you may run into three different practitioners and only one really knows his stuff. For the other two one may mix in some western drugs and the other one may keep convince you he/she has a secret recipe that is good enough to cure cancer/HIV but won't use it until you fork out a ransom.

But it works, IF used correctly. I once had a partial intestinal congestion and had to be hospitalized . The only thing the modern medicine could do was to put me on IV and wait till the problem was gone by itself. The problem lingered for a few years so I later finally made up my mine and treated myself with a strong chinese herbal laxative based on their classical theory. One dose and my problem was forever gone. Some European countries like Germany actually have acupuncture Department in their major hospitals. US is actually quite close-minded in this regard.

In the case of YM, it is unthinkable he'll run into those aforementioned unqualified, inexperienced cheating practitioners. He is a national icon and ambassador (and even more so with the coming of Olympics). Chinese government will send him the best team of Chinese medicine practitioners if he makes the request. Just make the request. If it is gonna take 4 months then there's no hurry to perform the surgery. Just get one more opinion. The Chinese government won't send somebody to kill him.

20. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It aint nothing impossible,Faith of a mustard seed can move mountains and I am quite sure there is a herbal remedy to cure Yao's foot ailement within a month's time.