1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRYUEN,Please,someone said yao will recovery within a month if using chinese medcine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKU, Feb 26, 2008.

1. LScolaDominates

Totally agree. I've done some research on the benefits of various meditation techniques on mental health and the results are generally positive. The problem is that it's difficult to study these techniques in a properly controlled setting.

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I hear ya, I just don't think there's anything outlandish to suggest that a proven practice that has been used by fighters (Eastern and Western) for centruries could help Yao become less injury prone. I'm not suggesting its magically gonna cure a broken foot. Other teams have already done this, the Lakers have sent injured players and rookies to yoga to improve flexibility.

Anyway, I can't speak for the other claims, as I haven't read the whole thread, but this isn't some **** and bull mysticism its just intense isometric exercise, call it whatever you want.

3. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

What I'm touting is the approach of Eastern medicine to not simply treat symptoms. To approach health as a whole; diet, exercise, and treatment all go towards preventing disease not just giving you medicine once your sick. So that approach could help Yao not get these small injuries all his career.

Look, if I have a brain tumor there's nowhere I'd rather be than right here, 5 miles away from one of the best cancer research centers in the world. But, as far as soft tissue injury and sports medicine, I think western doctors are often way too quick to opt for surgury.

4. LScolaDominates

OK, I see what you're saying. I think your beef is with individual doctors, not modern medical science itself.

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't believe it can heal within a month cause that is a little too extreme.
    BUT!!! Chinese don't use medicine techniques to fix bone problems. I know cause I live in Hong Kong and I was introduced to one of these Chinese bone doctors who helped me out when I twisted my ankle.

These doctors use massaging techniques, just like how T-Mac cured his back if you all remember. Now, he is hardy getting any back problems. :D :D

Of course, I believe surgery is required to prevent aggrevation.

But one month is a little short. But what we have here is internal, the bone is cracked I believe. Chinese doctors are best at broken or twisted limps, but if it is cracked, there isn't much the doctors can do.

So in my opinion, it MAY be possible for the doctors to reduce the pain and stress of Yao's feet, but they WILL not be able to actually cure him.

And don't think for one second I'm Bull*****i*g. I'm a Canadian born Chinese, so don't think for one second that I'm a plain Chinese patriot who just believes Chinese medicine all the way. Westerns doctors are good when it comes to diseases, but for bones, Chinese Doctors all the way.

7. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I heard during the game on ESPN tonight that K-Mart has been getting injections of Roosters Crown in his knee as an anti inflamatory.
    I know there are techniques for strentghening bones in kung fu and muy thai.
    However I dont know if these would be useful to Yao,
    but it appears Deke may know something about this if you ask anyone who has felt his iron elbows.

Ive heard that most Asians are prone to Calcium Deficencies, Weak Bones, Osteoporosis, etc because of lack of calcium/dairy in the diet.
    I wonder if supplements can do anything for Yao.